Male Mastopexy

After losing roughly 80 pounds over the course of a few years beginning back in early 2007, I was left with a bit of extra skin on the chest which looks a little unnatural given the level of sagginess particularly around the areola. Given that the nipple needs to be raised a couple of centimeters which type of mastopexy would work best for my situation? Gladly, I would prefer the least amount of evident scarring as that would only trade one problem for another. Thanks for your time.

Male Mastopexy

+1
Congratulations on your significant weight loss. You may be a candidate for a limited mastopexy. However, physical examination would be needed. Consult with 3 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Male "Mastopexy”?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss.

You may be a candidate for a “circumareolar” mastopexy. This will remove some redundant skin around the areola with the resulting scar around the  areola only. If there is additional loose skin present laterally then an extension of this scar may be necessary in that area.

I would suggest in person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon

Male breast lift

+1

A small donut mastopexy may be a solution for you to raise the areola in a better place and remove some of the excess skin. But the skin that hangs off the side may be tough to deal with.

Male breast lift

+1

In your specific case where the main problem is the excess of skin and not so much the amount of extra breast fat/tissues a resection of skin around the areola ( like removing a donut) usually gives a very acceptable result placing the scar around the areola perimeter.

Arturo Guiloff, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy

+1

Mastopexy for small redundancy of skin in male breast can be done through a periareolar incision, with or without liposuction if needed