Male Endobrowlift With Minimal/No Scarring? (photo)

Hi im interested in endobrowlift,i want to lift the front area only as you can see from pic brows droop towards nose,my main issue is the edge of eyesocket above brows shows as a depression which runs at an angle,mid forehead line,& verticle lines i contacted a few drs but keep hearing scars will be visible?i only want to lift front so i guessed 2 scars in hair at top of forehead were i want to lift.? found male pic endobrowlift no hair no scars confussed guess i need the right dr pls help!

Scarless male brow lift not possible

+2

You will have to have scarring somewhere to lift the brows. Your short hair style makes the disguise of them difficult. There are some surgeons who claim to be able to a brow lift through an upper eyelid incision. However, I doubt such an approach, though helpful in doing a concomitant upper blepharoplasties in your case, would not achieve all the improvement you are looking for.

Have some actual consultations with surgeons who claim to do scarless surgery or well disguised scars in men with your hair style and hair pattern. In the long run, most scars are hard to detect, but I am talking about at least 6 months. 

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male Endobrowlift With Minimal/No Scarring?

+1

The scars of the endobrow will be somewhat visible early in healing, but most patients heal them without difficulty and scars can be nearly imperceptible in a few months to a year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Consider botox first

+1

Before you decide to have browlifting surgery, you may want to consider botox.

By weakening the muscles that depress the eyebrow, you may be able to elevate the head of the brow in a subtle fashion. This would avoid surgery all together.

Every surgery we do will heal with a scar. With our choice of incision site, and good closure, we can minimize scars appearance, but never remove it altogether.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Male Endobrowlift With Minimal/No Scarring

+1

3 incisions is the minimal number needed for an endoscopic brow lift when performing this surgery on a man. Some people need up to 5 incisions. The tissue needs to be released to lift the brow and reshape it. From the photograph it is difficult to determine exactly whether a brow lift will be best indicated.  But, you can do a brow lift endoscopically and a blepharoplasty at the same time.  The surgeon could do a brow lift through the eyelid crease incision and get some lift for the brow (particularly in a male patient where you don’t want to lift the brow very high). This is a great option in patients who have a high hairline as this minimizes the scarring. This is called an indirect brow lift.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Is the male browlift possible with no scars?

+1

I would agree with Dr. Kabaker's comments on browlift scars in patients with short hair. They can take many months to heal well. I would also point out that the patient photo you've posted is less than ideal. This is the dreaded surprised or disappointed browlift result where the middle portion of the brow has been raised excessively. With male browlift surgery we avoid overly arching the outer portion of the brow and avoid excessive elevation of the middle portion of the brow. Neither is a pleasing result. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon