I'm a male that had closed rhinoplasty 2 months ago , but there were 2 incisions on the nostrils, what is their purpose?

What was the purpose of the 2 incisions on the nostrils ? And will my nose be come more refined at the tip , or is steriod shots a better option , I'm really not happy with the front view , and not to thrilled with profile I really wanted my nose to sweep up more ? Any thoughts?

Nostril incisions after rhinoplasty

+1
I suspect your nostril incisions were placed in order to narrow your nostrils. Often an alar base wedge excision is used in this area. Without seeing your nose it's hard to know what you should expect with your results going forward. There's normally still swelling in your nose at this early stage, though. You could talk with your surgery to find out more details of what to expect. You can read about nostril reduction (and find out if this fits where your scars are located) at my web reference link below.

Post Rhinoplasty Questions

+1
Dear Manga,  With no photographs it is impossible to give an opinion on your questions and you are also very early in the recovery phase. I would assume the incisions on the nostrils are weir incisions "alarplasty" but without an operative note this is just a guess. Discuss your questions with your surgeon he/she will be able to answer all of your questions directly. Wishing you a quick recovery! Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
I agree with Dr Peck that without photos, a review of records and an examination it is impossible to give an intelligent response to your questions but I would bring them up at your next examination with your PS. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

2 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1
These are great questions for your surgeon. Without pictures, a history, an exam, or an operative note, it is difficult to give you sound medical advice.

In general it takes 3 months for 50% swelling resolution and one year for the final result. The nasal tip definition takes the longest to visualize.

The two incisions in the nostrils are for an alarplasty, which reduces nasal flaring.

Consult and trust your surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon