Typical Swelling After Male Breast Reduction?

I'm 16 but, I've had man boobs since I was 10. Now, I'm sick of the teasing. It has been six years of doing push up and cardio that got me stronger and faster while my man boobs just got bigger. What I'm wondering is how bad typically is the swelling going to be be on my chest? Will it make my man boobs look bigger than they are now? Will my chest feel weird when I work out? I'm thinking of getting a couple pounds off my stomach to so it will look more natural.

Timing for a male breast reduction

+1

Like all aesthetic surgery, male breast reduction should only be done in patients who are adults and who understand the risks consequences in the level of commitment that the patient needs to make to ensure a good result. Your best course of action is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience in this technique. As you are quite young, it is likely that your skin is a very good quality. For this reason, the plastic surgeon may recommend liposuction alone for the correction of this deformity. Keep in mind that one of the most important factors for a good result is for you to use a compressive vest garment at all times after the surgery. This garment will ensure that the skin stick smoothly to the underlying musculature.

Male breast reduction can change your life.

+1

Hi.

I don't know what you are waiting for. All the other things will not help. Sounds like you have had gynecomastia for a long time, and the sooner you have male breast reduction, the happier you will be. Of course, all surgery has some risk, but I would predict that for you it is worth it. Recovery is not bad.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Recovery after male breast reduction.

+1

Hi,

First, before any surgery, you want to make sure there is not an underlying problem that will just reoccur. Consulting with an endocrinologist would be a good idea. You also want to make sure you weight is and has been stable. It is not uncommon for guys your age to experience "man boobs."

Your recovery depends on which procedure type you have. Typically, you will wear garment for about a week. Your swelling and bruising should subside within a few weeks. The swelling should not be anything too significant...not any bigger than what you were before the procedure. Then you should be able to resume full activity within 2-3 months. Your chest should feel normal once you give it a little time to recover.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Recovery and Swelling after Man Boobs (Gynecomastia) Correction Surgery

+1

Mann Boobs (Gynecomastia) is extremely common and usually gets better around your age. To really know its cause you may wish to be evaluated by a hormone doctor (Endocrinologist) although the vast majority of boys / men with this condition have no discernible cause.

Depending on the severity of the gynecomastia, the condition is readily correctable in the vast majority of boys / men with a small scar around the bottom part of the nipple complex through which VASER (liposelection) can be carried out. The surgery is followed by wearing an elastic vest for 4-6 weeks which keeps the areas from swelling and helps assure a proper healing of the chest. The results are often very pleasing to both the patients and their surgeons.

To learn everything you need to know about MAN BOOBS TREATMENT (GYNECOMASTIA CORRECTION SURGERY), follow the informative link below -

Dr. P. Aldea

Typical swelling after male breast reduction

+1

The swelling depending upon the type of surgery lasts from 20 days to 3 months. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons to see if lipos or excisional surgeries are best for you.

Gynecomastia in 16year old

+1

It sounds as if you need to loose weight first. Generally you should wait until 18 before undergoing surgical correction. I would not advise stomach liposuction in a male that was 16.

Swelling after Gynecomastectomy

+1

I have all of my patients undergoing a gynecomastectomy wear a very tight fitting garment postoperatively for several days. This typically keeps the swelling down somewhat although there is some swelling. In my experience, it would be very rare to have swelling which is equal to or greater than the original problem.

John Whitt, MD

Male breast reduction

+1

Usually male breast enlargement can be treated with liposuction alone. Sometimes surgical excision procedures are necessary if there is excess skin or more glandular tissue.

Gynecomastia correction

+1

The common condition known as gynecomastia is characterized by enlarged breast tissue and affects an astonishing 40 to 60% of men. Fortunately, the condition is easily reversed with liposuction just by making a small incision under the nipple. When you wake up, you'll probably feel some pain, especially if you cough, and you will probably have a few days or weeks of breast tenderness.

You will have to wear a surgical garment for a week and you should avoid any jarring exercise for at least one month. Your surgeon may insert drains to siphon off any excess fluid, and there will likely be more bleeding on the first day. Although you'll have an idea of how your breasts will look within three weeks or so, they won't take on their ultimate shape for several months.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD