Is Male Breast Reduction Possible with a Pill? or Without Surgery?

Has Gynexin worked for some men who want to reduce their chest/breasts. Who would it work for?

The Skinny on Gynexin

Thanks for your post. This topic comes up in posts quite frequently. Gynexin, in short, does not work for gynecomastia. Although it may have some effect on fatty tissue, it has absolutely no effect on excess breast tissue, which is what gynecomastia is. I would refer you to my blog post on this very subject.

Dr. Dadvand

9201 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90069

Pills for gynecomastia?

I'd avoid potions and pills to manage gynecomastia.  There is really no evidence to support safety or efficacy.  The safest and most reliable method to reduce gynecomastia is surgery with gland excision.

Tim Neavin, MD

9615 Brighton Way
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Surgery safest and most effective

I would not recommend any pill or supplements that say they can address gynecomastia, since it there are none that are FDA approved. The safest and most effective method is surgery.

Michael Constantin Gartner, DO
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

3 Winslow Place
Paramus, NJ 07652

Gynecomastia treatment

There is no known effective non-surgical treatment for gynecomastia.  As the saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true......."

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

2425 West 22nd Street
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Male Breast Reduction?

As far as I am aware there is no good nonsurgical way to treat gynecomastia.

It is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.

I would strongly suggest that you make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. You will find that this recommendation will be more important than any specific “miracle technology”  or  “miracle pill” that you will undoubtedly hear about.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Nonsurgical gynecomastia treatment

Breast tissue must be excised If the tissue is glandular, then a formal excision is required; if it is fatty, liposuction will remove it. The only "pill" treatment would be in the event that the condition is of endocrinologic origin, in which case a full hormonal workup and treatment would be indicated. All the marketed products are supplements which are not FDA approved or sanctioned so buyer beware.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

112-03 Queens Blvd
Forest Hills, NY 11375

Nonsurgical Options for Gynecomasrtia

If your gynecomastia is caused by a medical problem, then correcting that problem reverses the male breast growth as long as it has not been present for more than a year.  The vast majority of the time male breast enlargement has no underlying medical problem.  The product "Gynexin" is not an FDA approved product.  I do not know any scientific studies that proove its efficacy.  I suspect its another "smoke and mirrors" hype. If you desire to have your gynecomastia correceted, find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surfgery with experience in this procedure.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

901 Boren Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104

Gynecomastia correction with a pill

There is no useful pharmacologic treatment for gynecomastia.There are several rare diseases that may cause gynecomastia such as a pituitary tumor. In general the majority of cases are idiopathic in nature ( unknown cause).With respect to Gynexin  go to the mall this weekend take thirty dollar bills throw them in the air and watch the people run around after them. You will get a good laugh and save about 35 dollars.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

680 N Lakeshore Drive
Chicago, IL 60611

This is a rip off.  I really hate to say this about anything but it is a waste of money.  I could tell you many stories of men who have tried it or some of the dishonest advertizing. Sorry.  Go and ask the forum

Miguel Delgado, MD

450 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94108