How Much Would a Tummy Tuck/chest Reduction Cost in the Chicago Area?

Male, I used to weigh about 340lbs, now I am at 210....my lower stomach is all extra skin. And my chest is sagging also, looks like I have breasts. I really want to have both issues corrected.

Tummy Tuck/Breast Reduction Cost

+1

Thank you for your question. I do not know about Chicago, but in the Bay area, this will be between 15K-25K. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

The cost of body reconstruction after weight loss is highly variable.

+1

Although fortune to loss so much weight it probably is some significant surgery to be done to restore the body. Surgical fees are variable anyway but after massive weight loss the choices of operations are fairly broad. Costs for specific operations are listed on my website.

Price for Tummy Tuck

+1

Congrat's on your weight loss. The price of a tummy tuck frequently depends on how much tissue is removed and how much time is spent in the operating room. Sometimes a bodylift may be a better option than a tummy tuck alone. Your best bet would be to meet with a few plastic surgeons in your area and be evaluated in person. It may be more cost effective to treat your chest at the same time. 

Look on RealSelf (see link below) as there are occasionally special prices for procedures like tummy tucks.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Chest Reduction Surgery after Weight Loss; Finding Surgeon?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss!

You will find that the costs of surgery will differ from one geographic area to another, as well as from one practice to another.  You will also find that the cost of surgery vary  depending on exactly what procedure is recommended/performed.

You will be best off doing your due diligence carefully  in the selection of plastic surgeon.  Only in person consultation will provide you with the detailed information you should obtain prior to making any decisions about proceeding with surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures performed. Learn about the potential risks/complications associated with the surgical options and ask about “realistic expectations”.

You will likely find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;   I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached, helps.