Male 30 Y.o. 6'3" 205 11% Bf with Rectus Diastasis? (photo)

I have rectus diastasis.Known this my whole life & am self conscious about it. Its genetic,passed down from my dad as he has the bulge too. No matter how much I workout or diet, I cant get rid of the bulge. Ive learned to hide it by sucking my belly in. I recently saw a doc and he confirmed what I expected. Ill have surgery next year and I want to know what to expect.Ive always wanted a nice 6 pack and I hope the surgery can achieve these results. Any input on what to expect will be appreciated

Diastasis

+1

Consider removal of skin to tighten area. If you have  looseness or diastasis then you could get a tummy tuck where the fascia is tightened. If fascia is not loose then lipo. In your situation a tummy tuck will help significantly but there is no medical necessity to have the operation. Good luck!

Diastasis

+1

Although I can see what bothers you, what bothers me is that on the "sucking stomach in" photo the rectus muscles appear to be in normal position. This raises my concern that there is more intra-abdominal contents than one would expect with 11% body fat, and that the amount of improvement may be disappointing. I would suggest getting more than just one opinion before embarking on this. 

All the best.

Endoscopic tummy tuck and liposuction

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Although your case is somewhat unique there are solutions to help your accomplish your goal.  The most effective solution would be an endoscopic tummy tuck and liposuction of the abdomen.  Although the incisions for this are very small the recovery is actually quite similar to a traditional tummy tuck since the abdominal muscle tightening is what creates most of the discomfort.  You will have a drain and you will need to wear an abdominal binder afterwards.  Attached below is a before and after photo of one of my patients who had the endoscopic tummy tuck component.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/results.cfm?Category=49