Making Sure Rhinoplasty Surgeon and I Are on the Same Page? (photo)

I have chosen a rhinoplasty surgeon for my surgery next month. He looks great on paper, but he doesn't really have the personal touch. When I speak with him to ask him questions on Skype, I feel that he seems a bit distracted. I even sent him photos of pictures of rhinoplasty that I did like and I didn't like - and alarmingly, he had thought that I wanted the results of the photos I did not like as well. I have spoken to him about the results I wanted, but how do I know if he REALLY understood it?

Making Sure Rhinoplasty Surgeon and I Are on the Same Page?

+3

BIG RED FLAG!!! Seek in town rhinoplasty surgeon. If there is pre operative confusion than after the operation this surgeon has NO responsibility to you. Please re think your choice of surgeon. 

Being on the Same Page as your Surgeon

+1

There are many different things you should look for before deciding to have rhinoplasty surgery.  Probably the most important of those is making sure you and the surgeon you choose are on the same page.  In other words, that he sees and likes what you want.  Photos help.  Photo imaging is a great tool to see the result he wants on your face.  I perform 3D Vectra imaging on all my rhinoplasties so I can show the person what I want and like.  As I do the imaging, we sit and discuss every detail of what the patient wants (tip rotation, refinement, width, dorsal height, etc...)  Once we have it perfect, I take the imaged photos in to the OR and try to match it as closely as possible.   We usually get very close to the imaged result.  If you don't feel this clear and open understanding of your expectations from your surgeon, rethink your choice. 

Web reference: http://www.drjohnbitner.com

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Making Sure

+1

Thank you for your question . Any patient seeking Rhinoplasty should get a detailed evaluation and plan by their Plastic Surgeon prior to Surgery, with an explanation why each step is necessary and what it will accomplish. That way both parties are in complete accordance of how the Surgery will result.

Again thank you for your question and if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact Premiere Center and take advantage of your free consultation.

Rhinoplsty and travel

+1

I think that you have to meet your surgeon to feel comfortable with that person and establish a "game plan."

Surgeon and patient have to be on the same page

+1

Communication is the key to both the patient and surgeon to be on the same page prior to undergoing a rhinoplasty. Best to seek up to 3 different consultations and go with who you feel most comfortable with, as long as the surgeon has lots of experience and rhinoplasty

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Rhinoplasty surgeon and patient should be on the same page before surgery.

+1

Rhinoplasty surgeon and patient should be on the same page before surgery. You should also see a surgeon that does natural noses and is very experienced. If you don't like his noses seek a different experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Sounds like you and your surgeon are not in sync

+1

If you have any reservation with your plastic surgeon, you should seek a second, third, fourth, fifth opinion.... You get the idea. You should trust that your surgeon has your best interests in mind. Regardless of how good a surgeon looks on paper, communication is much more important and you should feel comfortable with him or her. Your nose is a very visible part of your body. The final results reflect who you will be after surgery. If you end up with results that do not meet your expectations, then you are going to regret not listening to your gut feelings. Thank you for sharing your concerns. Best wishes.

Rhinoplasty Communication

+1

I am not sure the extent of your communication with this Surgeon, whether you have seen him in person etc.  Skype, Facebook, E mail, will not replace an in-person consultation.  I can certainly understand your trepidation based on the mixed messages you have received on Skype. I personally think that Dr. Blinski's advice is good: if you can find a qualified Rhinoplasty Surgeon in your home town, this is probably the best way to go.

Web reference: http://www.drprendiville.com/rhinoplasty.html

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I have consultations through email and phone media, and the patients ask questions until they are comfortable.  If you are not comfortable, request more interaction or find another surgeon.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php