My nose tip seems pointy and the bridge is slightly narrow. Could a non-surgical nose job help to achieve a softer look? (photo)

I feel like my nose is seriously throwing off my whole face. As a female, I can only describe it as very unfeminine. However, I can't exactly pinpoint what is wrong. At first I thought my radix was just deep, but it also seems low. My tip is pointy, and my whole nose just seems very projected. From the front, I feel like my bridge is slightly narrow towards the top. I would like to achieve a softer look with minimally invasive methods if possible.

Unfortunately, non-surgical rhinoplasty is not the best answer. You should consider a routine rhinoplasty.

+1
Dear Blankfreed; If your nose has a little bridge, fillers may be very helpful, but what I see is a wide, somewhat boxy tip, and I don't foresee any satisfaction coming from non-surgical injections. These injections are excellent when the bridge is low and the tip is underdeveloped and rather flat. If a profile photo of you was on hand, it would be more helpful. But my sense is that you would be better served by consulting with an experienced, highly-specialized nasal surgeon to evaluate your surgical options. A surgical rhinoplasty, unless there are no other factors at play-- like a deviated septum, enlarged turbinates or sinus infections -- is not a particularly burdensome undertaking. Recovery is fast. Most people are back to work in seven days, maximum 10. There is not much pain. I can attest to that because I had a nose job. Swelling and bruising are minimal. I think you will be happier with a consultation focused on perhaps a combination of both surgical and non-surgical techniques.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Improving facial harmony with nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1
While it's difficult to fully assess your nose without seeing profile, base and oblique views, from the frontal view it does appear that the appearance of the dorsum of your nose, and radix, could be improved by adding some height and width with nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  

Nonsurgical is not without risks, so it's important to seek out a rhinoplasty specialist experienced in nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  The hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane, Juvederm Voluma) are also the safest to use for this procedure, as they can be dissolved if any issues arise.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Making the nose more feminine

+1
With limited photos, it is not possible to advise with certainty as to the best treatment for achieving your goals and desires.  You must visit with a cosmetic rhinoplasty surgeon to get the proper advise you are looking for.  With that being said, Nonsurgical adjustments to the nose are possible but unlikely to be the best option for your case.  I would seriously consider the possibility of a rhinoplasty surgery.  Going this route will give you a  more feminine nose, and a better, longer lasting result.  Do not compromise, and you will be happier in the long run.

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1
Non-surgical or minimally invasive methods can be used to improve the nasal appearance, but there are some limitations.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like with changes and serve as an important communication tool with your doctor.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1
Dear blankfeed,

• A non-surgical rhinoplasty involved adding filler to the nose
  • Technically, we are making the nose bigger, but more proportionate
  • A profile view would really help determine if you are a good candidate
  • A consultation would really help answer all of your questions and concerns
  • We can even morph a picture to show you what it can look like

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD