Major Weight Loss Through Exercise and Now Body is Sagging

I lost weight through diet/exercise(highest was 252 during pregnancy.)But now so ashamed at the way my body looks due to extra skin that I cant even celebrate my accomplishment! My breasts, stomach and butt sag & my naval is constantly infected. Im 5'4"/155 lbs. My goal is to be able to wear a bathing suit & be confident doing so! Im a single mom with set budget of 8k. I am thinking I would need TT,Lipo, & Breast aug/lift? Lookng for referrals.. Willing to travel if necessary.

Major Weight Loss=Mommy Makeover!

+4

Congrats on your weight loss after pregnancy.  After reviewing your photos (thanks, photos help) I think a breastlift (with or without an implant is up to you), tummy tuck (maybe a beltlift..an exam in person would be best) and liposuction to hips and flanks. Unfortunately, this cannot be done for $8,000. I would suggest starting with the area that bothers you most. Then proceed as time and finances allow. You look to be a great candidate for these procedures and I'm sure they will help you feel more confident in and out of clothes. Great job and good luck!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

The Mommy Makeover and Selecting Surgeon Wonderful!

+4

Your perception is excellent.  You have listed exactly what should be considered.  I would suggest a single procedure with tummy tuck, breast uplit and ? augmentation and flank hip liposuction.   This is the first major step.  You would them easily wear a two piece bathing suit.   There may be a few other considerations such as thigha and arms and back rolls etc but the 3 you listed are the starting point.  After these procedures wait 3 to 12 months befroe other.  Consider losing another 15 to 20 lbs if possible.   This may make surgery easier and results better.  Of course the best advice is to lose the weight before any surgery if you can.  If you cant lose further, surgery is fine now.  You are to commended on the great success.   Surgery can easily be done as an outpatient and would talk about 7 to 8 hours which is just fine.  I am assuming your health is good.   You need a Board Certified Anesthesiologist  certified by the American Board of Anesthesia and a plastic surgeon certified byt the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.  Costs vary so much over the country but I would estimate you should be able to get the first big three done for around  $11,000 to 13,000.  This is the range for around 8 hours or so of surgery......    Get at least 3 to 4 consultation with your surgeon exclusively.  Talk to the surgeon or do not talk at all.  Some places use merchandising sales people.   Get solid quotes.   Get proof of claims about procedures done and boards etc.  If anyone treats  you harshly or defensively when you push your questions leave immediately.   Time is on your side.  Do NOT BE IMPLUSIVE.   Beware of very low quotes or very low time estimates for surgery.....this is a lead in to likely disatisfaction.    On the other hand , absurdly high quotes are not indicated, and absolutely are not an indication of quality to match the price.   Selecting the right surgeon is not easy.  IT TAKES WORK.   BE TOUGH.  NEVER NEVER BE INTIMDATED.      Your good sense and intelligence will lead you correctly,  just use it!    My Best and Good Luck.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover at plastic surgery teaching clinic.

+3

Hi.

This is probably your safest option for your budget.  We run one at Leno Hill Hospital, with good results.  You look like a great candidate!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Mommy Makeover

+2

You may need a circumferential lift, breast aug/lift.  That is a lot to do with a budget of 8K.  Talk with some local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and see if they can help you meet your goals.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

+2

Congratulations! People like you are some of my happiest patients and make me glad I'm a Plastic surgeon. EVERYTHING which bothers you now can be nicely corrected.

Tummy - can be flattened completely with a narrower waist and an innie belly button and the sagging Mons pubis can be lifted and anchored at a higher more pleasing youthful location.(High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty)
Buttock and lateral Thighs - Can be lifted and smoothed in a MUCH more attractive way (Buttock Lift which includes lifting the thighs). 
Breasts - A Short scar Breast Lift (such as Hall-Findlay) would result in full perky breasts.

Find a surgeon who is experienced in body restoration and improvement after massive weight loss and you will get the body your worked so hard to achieve.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD

Weight loss makeover

+2

First let me say congratulations on your weight loss and encourage that surgery can restore the look you have lost. I think you are an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery combined with breast lift and possible augmentation. A good exam by an experienced plastic surgery can determine the best procedure. A lower body lift might also be a consideration depending on your desires. I would assume you have no health problems and are not a smoker. I have found caring for patients who have achieved weight loss on their own without surgery to be wonderful patients to care for. I have many patients such as yourself on your website. Traveling may be worthwhile for cost consideration as this type of surgery is more expensive on the East and West Coasts. Best of Luck

Richard Linderman, MD

Body contouring after massive weight loss may require several stages for completion.

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss!  From you photos, it appears as though you'll look fantastic after body contouring!  You'll most likely require a breast lift with implants to raise the breasts and to provide volume, a tummy tuck to tighten your abdomen and remove the excess skin, and liposuction of your back to contour the buttocks.  It's a lot of surgery, and I'd recommend doing it in 2 or three stages to make your recoveries easier with less stress on your body.  The costs for these procedures to vary, so it may be beneficial to visit with several plastic surgeons to get an idea of the costs.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss and thank you for posting the pictures it makes giving advice much more personally tailored. I would recommend that you have a Bodylift and not a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction. A Bodylift will remove the excess skin and fat in your abdomen as well as the excess skin and fat in your flanks while lifting you buttocks and giving you back the waist you had before you had children. This is a very powerful procedure that will produce excellent results in your case. You will need a lift for your breast issue and possibly a small implant for upper pole fullness. I would also suggest that you can do the surgery in stages to manage your budget. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does the bodylift procedure and look at before and after photos during your consultation and I think you will find that the result you are looking for is very possible to achieve.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Mommy Makeovers May Be Limited Based On One's Budget

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss! While there is no doubt that you are an excellent candidate for both a tummy tuck and a breast lift with implants, your budget will not allow for both procedures. Therefore, you need to prioritize as to which is the most important, your breasts or your stomach area. Either one alone is more in line with what you have allocated to pay for your plastic surgery makeover. Pick the most important one now and in the future you may have another opportunity to complete the final step of your weight loss journey. Based on your navel infections, the tummy tuck may provide the greatest area of improvement for now.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+2

Great weight loss! And thanks for the photo series. Yes you will need a few operations. First I recommend a full TT + full  Mastopexy. Second operation implants and liposuction with fat transfer to buttock. Fees in USA for these 2 operations are more in the $20,000 range not $8,000. Be careful out there! From MIAMI