Major Swelling on One Side 14 Months Post Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

A couple of years ago, I had a rhino. Unfortunately, because of scar tissue build up, I had to have a revision about 14 months ago. Everything looks fine now except for swelling in the middle of the bridge of my nose, primarily on the right side. The right side is swollen almost shut on the inside (I can barely breathe) and the outside is so swollen that it looks like a bump. When I feel it, it is squishy and soft. L side is fine. I have done Kenelog injections many times. What else could it be?

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

Missmo27,

14 months later and after several steroid injections, it's time to have something more definitive done.  You may have a piece of cartilage there.  It is likely that this can be corrected right in the office.  Or, if it's truly just extra soft tissue it's relatively straightforeward to just have that extra soft tissue removed (through the inside of your nose) and again, in the office with local anesthesia.

Jeffrey Spiegel, MD

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon