Will This Be a Major Surgery Breast Revision? (photo)

I have 360cc saline implants 1 yr ago. As you can see my right breast is farther out and sits lower than my left which is not as soft and sits a bit higher. The only thing i love about my breast is the fact that it does not look too fake. many think it is my real breast i like the kate upton breast that hangs and feels soft. I want to get 410cc silicon or gummy bears. Will this be a major surgery? Should I go to my past surgeon?

Revision

+2

Good afternoon!

Looking at your photo, i agree that your breasts sit too far laterally giving your an excessively wide cleavage.  This may be due to capsular contracture or how the implant pocket was created.  You also seem to have a paucity of breast tissue or skin to allow for much of an increase in volume without big sacrifices in shape or "naturalness".

I would consult with at lest two board certified plastic surgeons in your area with expertise in revisional breast augmentation- in my opinion you need more than just a simple exchange of your implants to give you a better look.

I hope this helps

Breast implant exchange

+1

Your implants are too far apart, your breasts are asymmetrical and you will need a revision.  I recommend a technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to exchange your implants, reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone implants placed retro-pectoral are more stable long term, look and feel more natural, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.  Unfortunately, you have not given us your bra size, however, I recommend the smallest volume implant to achieve the desired projection. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Visit prior surgeon...

+1

If you are tighter on the one side you may need the capsule either removed or relaxed but I wasn't sure what your reason was for going to silicone? If it is size, then 410cc in a gel would not be much different from what you have now. You seem to have a very natural look and even others can't tell, so I would visit your prior surgeon and let him know exactly what you are looking for!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will This Be a Major Surgery Breast Revision?

+1

Increasing by only 30 to 50 cc's is a relatively simple operation. You need to be sure this time you have chosen the correct volume. Same surgeon should be NO issue! 

Shaped gummy bear implants can present challenges in cosmetic revisions

+1

Photographs provide limited information.  Your images do suggest visible margins of the implants and malposition of the right sided implant.  The right side malposition may be due to capsular contracture.  Details of surgical correction specific to your situation require review of your previous surgical records and an examination to determine the tissue plane where your current implants have been placed.

In general, going with larger implants will not improve your situation as your tissues do not look sufficiently robust to support a larger implant volume.  The space between your breasts are not likely to be altered by revision without significant risk of other complications.  Anatomic shaped gummy bear implants have risk of rotation and are not my first choice of implants in revision as the soft tissue pocket has been previously stretched and provided less resistance to movement resulting in even higher risk of implant malrotation.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Widely spaced implants, need a revision

+1

It is difficult to tell if your implants are just wide apart or you have developed a capsular contracture.  I would think that you need a surgical revision, capsulectomy if this is a capsular contracture and replacement with a silicone gel implant, I am not sure that a larger size is an answer for you.  

Bigger? no way...

+1

Your breasts are already way overstuffed.  You need smaller implants.  The right implant needs to be lowered.  Gummy bear implants are tricky to use in revisions and will not be as soft as regular silicone.

You must accept that you have a very thin chest and you do not have enough skin and soft tissue to cover over the implants you now have, let alone bigger implants.

You will also have a wide gap between your breasts; that cannot be reduced.  the bigger you go, the more odd that will look.

Your body is beautiful.  You need to accept the type of breasts that are possible for your body, and if you try to put in such large implants you will have an unattractive result and your tissue will thin and stretch over time.

Watch the videos on the link below and they will explain to you the way breast implants should be sized.

Steven Teitelbaum, MD

Difficult to Assess by Photographs Alone

+1

Based on your photographs, please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what revision surgery you need.  This is very difficult to assess by photographs alone.

Donna Rich MD

Donna Rich, MD