Major Reduction with Tip-Plasty?

My nose is like Benicio del Toro's: thin at the top and bulbous at the bottom. I'm interested in reducing the tip's size and my question is: How much can a bulbous tip be "de-bulked"? What factors will influence the degree of reduction I can safely ask for? I mean, if I go to a rhinoplasty specialist and say that I want the tip to be half of its original size, are they going to think I'm crazy? Thanks in advance.

Best Tiplasty in Rhinoplasty

+1

HiAnon in LA,

The tip of your your can be reduced to be in harmony with the rest of your nose.  The degree of reduction is limited by the underlying cartilaginous structure of your tip (amount of cartilage and strength).  Consult with a few rhinoplasty specialists and then choose your surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

It is not crazy to ask if your bulbous tip can be reduced - this is a common request in my rhinoplasty practice. How much it can and should be reduced will depend on the size of the rest of your nose, the thickness of your nasal skin, and the strength, size, and contour of your tip cartilages. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will establish reasonable goals for you during consultation.

How much can a bulbous tip be debulked?

+1

How much reduction is size can be done to your nasal tip depends a lot on how much your skin thickness plays in the bulbosity versus your tip cartilage orientation.

An examination is needed to really give you an accurate assessment of what is possible in your specific case.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Bulbous tip

+1

If your  nasal skin is very thick, it is hard to refine the tip as much as some patients would like. But it can be softened. 

Wide and bolbous nose can be corrected with Rhinoplasty

+1

You are not Crazy. The large and bolbous tip is one of the main reasons patients undergo rhinoplasty procedures.

One of the most important factors to help with your final result, when everything being equal, is the skill and dedication of your surgeon.

Patients with large and thin cartilage and thick and heavy skin may need other manuevers.

Please consult a Board Certified Rhinoplasty Specialist who is focused on creating most natural results for you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

The amount the tip of your nose can be reduced depends on cartilage strength and skin thickness

+1

The best way to tell how much a round, bulbous tip of the nose can be reduced is to consult with a rhinoplasty expert. Strong cartilages and thin skin have the most predictability. However, even thick skin nasal tips can be reduced. An honest surgeon can give an educated and likely accurate opinion on how much reduction you really can get. More importantly, how much you really need and what would look good on your face.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Tip plasty for the bulbous tip.

+1

No you are not crazy and your question is a good one. The major factor is the thickness of the skin and ethnicity. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results and an appraisal of your goals.

Tip and nasal reduction

+1

Instead of worrying whether or not your plastic surgeon thinks you are crazy, why not schedule an appointment.  It may be that what you are asking for is entirely realistic and he/she can show you what they can achieve in computer imaging.  If he is unable to do what you are asking then you may want to seek a second opinion (not a bad idea anyway).  Good luck

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon