How to Maintain Dermis After Fraxel Restore?

After a series of Fraxel Restore, should you get a single maintenance treatment every 4-6 months to keep dermis stimulated even though only it only treats a percent of dermis, or would Smoothbeam be better for that since it treats most of the dermis with single session?

Laser treatments

+1

Many physicians see better results with Fraxel than Smoothbeam. Fraxel is not an inexpensive treatment and rather than doing it twice per year you may just need to observe your face and return when you see a change in texture or fine lines or coloration.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com

Fraxel re:store; Optimal Skin Maintenance After Treatment

+1

Hi Mike,

In addition to the 6- 12 month maintenance treatment, you should protect the investment that you have made in your skin by using the proper skin care products including 1. A cleanser, 2. A daily moisturizer that contains growth factors, peptides, anti-oxidants, and a sun block; 3. A retinoid product at night (like Renova).

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

What a great question.

+1

My experience is with Cooltouch (Smoothbeam is the competition) for non-ablative, "bulk" heating. I can only tell you I use both this and Fraxel Restore and find both are effective. I like your plan to do maintenance every 6-12 months. I think you can do either, but just one Fraxel has more impact in my experience than just one Cooltouch. You have no downtime with Cooltouch and Fraxel gives 24-72 hours of swelling in most patients. Cooltouch is my choice if you are acne prone because it helps shrink the oil glands.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist