Is It Possible to Maintain a Consistent Look with a Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?

I had been having restylane injections to correct asymmetry and low bridge following a rhinoplasty many years ago. Initially I was happy with the result,but it only lasted about 6 months before needing more injections, and I have not been able to acheive a consistent looking nose. I'm finding it very emotional and a great source of embarrasment as people notice my sometimes odd looking and changing nose. I'm too scared to have another surgery, any advice on how to get a consistent look?

Radiesse as a NSNJ Filler

+1

Hi there,

I agree with Dr. Beraka. Radiesse is the substance I would recommend to fill your nose, as it may last longer and more closely resembles bone both aesthetically and on the molecular level. As it wears away, it will do so in a more gradual and symmetric fashion, allowing you to have the nose re-done on your schedule so that the changes aren't as apparent. Hope this helps! 

Non surgical rhinoplasty is best done with Radiesse.

+1

Hi.

If you liked the shape after Restylane, you just need a longer lasting filler.  Radiesse injected deeply can last three years.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Secondary Rhinoplasties

+1

A surgical solution will likely give you the best chance at a long lasting resutl. If you are trying to avoid that, then fillers, as you are alrady doing, can be used. Hyaluronic acid fillers do not last as long as other fillers such as Radiesse or Artefill. Possibly, once you find a doctor that can acheive a consistent resutl for you, then having them use a long term filler might give you more times between injections.

Julio Garcia, MD

Definitive rhinoplasty for permanent outcome

+1

I would recommend inquiring about definitive rhinoplasty so that you get a permanant outcome. Make sure you see an expert.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Revising a nose requires a great deal of skill and experience.

+1

The filler is a reasonable approach until such time you feel ready to have a revisional rhinoplasty.  Your reluctance is completely understandable.  Please recognize that the amount of filler used to adjust nasal contour is small and often does not seem to do the job for much longer than you are describing.  What you need for nasal reconstruction is a surgeon who devotes a significant portion of their practice to fixing the nasal work of others.  Their web site may not have a nose that looks exactly like yours but it should have many, many examples of nasal contour repairs.  Ultimately there is no substitute for a personal consultation.

Using fillers to correct irregularities after rhinoplasty

+1
You can certainly continu to have fillers used to correct irregularities aftr rhinoplasty. It is really just technique dependent so you just need to find a good doc who can do it consistently for you. On the other hand if it's really minor I would think that you could have a little cartilage grafting to the area which hopefully would be a one time fix. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD