I'm 53, 120 lbs with no children with 300cc implants. Can you tell me the possible results after explant? (photos)

I posted previously (see the link below), posting again with more details. I do not have a pre BA photo but postin one that looks exactly like me. Also her results post explant. She has stats very similar. Love her results, might this be possible? Other photo me currently 270cc implants. I weighed 98 pds first BA, 300cc 18 years ago. No kids/bf. I now weigh 120. Revision 2 years ago for Grade III cc, downsize. Had a lot of scar tissue and calcification. I am 53 but have good skin, fit and look younger. Thanks.

Post-explant results depend on many factors.

+1
There are a lot of different factors that contribute to the way your breasts will look after explantation. First of all, I think it’s likely that you’ll need a lift in addition to explantation in order to reshape your natural breast tissue for symmetry and a nice profile. Since you say you have good skin, you’ll probably see good results, although it’s hard to say exactly what the final outcome will be. I do suggest scheduling a consultation with a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in explantation, or even more than one to get a second opinion. An in-person examination will go a long way in determining what the best options will be for you.

I'm 53, 120 lbs with no children with 300cc implants. Can you tell me the possible results after explant?

+1
Not really via this forum, though it's understandable that you'd want to know.  A lot depends on assessment of the elasticity of your skin, whether or not you're having capsules removed, etc.  In general, the thinner your skin is (which takes into account skin type, age, capsules removed and so on) the less likely that it will contract well on its own. 

It then often comes down to a choice between shape of the breasts, and scars (or lack of them).  You'll need to discuss all of this during an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, at which point you'll have to make the most-informed decision you can.  If there is any question, you can do just the explantation (with or without capsule removal) and defer the decision on the lift until a later time.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E
Member of RealSelf100

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Removal

+1
I agree that your outcome after breast implant removal will depend on lots of factors.  The main factors are your skin elasticity and the amount of breast tissue that is still present.  You will have significant volume loss, but as long as you understand this then it will not be a surprise.  Sometimes patients will need to have their nipples elevated with a lift to get a better result.  

Good Luck

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Breasts after implant removal

+1
Many factors contribute to how your breasts will look after implant removal. This includes how long they have been in for, the amount of breast tissue volume to implant,. the skin quality to name a few.

Can you tell me the possible results after explant?

+1
There are many factors that determine what the results will be like after implant removal without replacement. There are also many techniques that can be used to improve the results .

In a small breasted  patient ,removal alone may be sufficient. Treatment of the capsule may include cauterization ,release , removal ,elevation with fixation. Fat injection is also effective in restoring some volume.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question Despite your good efforts, online consultants will not be of much specific help to you. And finally, nothing will replace in person evaluation.  

Generally speaking, what your breasts will look like after explantation depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back), the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation).

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.

Consulting with  well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person may be helpful.  The attached link may be helpful to you as well.

What to look like after explantation

+1
My advice is to look at the ASPS website as there are photos of women with their implants removed.  It will provide the closest example of what you are requesting.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon