I Think my Eyebrows Look Too High, Can They Be Lowered? (photo)

I can never figure out why my eyes look so harsh. I think it is because my eyebrows sit too high. Can my eyebrows be lowered?

Lowering eyebrows

+1

It is very difficult to lower the eyebrows surgically.  The best alternative is to Botox the frontalis muscle which is an elevator of the eyebrows and that will allow the brows to drift down a few millimeters.

Eyebrow lowering

+1

yes, a nice side effect of injecting botox into the forehead is to lower the eyebrows temporarily.  A surgical approach is to perform an upper eyelid blepharoplasty and that will help to a degree.  eyelid laser or peel could also tighten the eyelid skin and get some effect of lowering the brows. 

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Lowering eyebrows

+1

Hi!

I agree with the other doctors that you may want to consider
injectables such as Botox in order to soften your appearance. I would
however recommend doing a consultation with a board certified plastic
surgeon.

Good luck,

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

I Think my Eyebrows Look Too High, Can They Be Lowered?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. Yes this can be attained but better to seek in person opinions. I might try BOTOX first before a surgery. 

Eyebrow aesthetics

+1

An eyebrow can be repositioned more inferiorly, including steps to improve your symmetry.  But the ideal eyebrow position should be at or above the bony orbital rim, and it appears to me that 's about where it is today.  So my opinion is not to surgically lower your brow.  If you feel it pulls up even higher with animation, than botox can soften that effect.   My suggestion is to soften your appearance with non-surgical means, using botox or fillers.

Kevin Robertson, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox

+1

Nothing substitutes seeing a patient in person but the brow can be lowered nicely with botox. Surger. y can lower the brow in a more permanent fashion but you might now want that as you continue to age.

Benjamin C. Marcus, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Consider Botox or volume replacement

+1
I'd have to personally evaluate you to determine if your brows are actually too high, but by your photo, I doubt they are truly too high. One option is to try Botox. I would customize the treatment to lift the outer edge of your left eyebrow to make them more symmetric. Surgery could be a long term answer, but another option would be to consider volumetric enhancement (fat grafting) which will give an overall softer look to the area around your eyes and would most likely correct what you describe as a "harsh look".

Andrew Campbell, M.D.
Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
Milwaukee, WI

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

High eyebrows

+1

The eyebrows can be lowered surgically by doing the reverse of a brow lift either by open or endoscopic approaches. It would be worth trying Botox therapy first. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

There is not any good surgical procedure to lower your eyebrows, but Botox should work. Just make sure that the person doing the injecting is experienced in doing this.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD