I Had a Macs Procedure 1year Ago It Only Lasted 3days How Common is This?

Facelift results

+1

Hello-

Pre and postop photos would obviously greatly help. How do you feel your results are now that you are 4 months after surgery? Results of any plastic surgery procedure are meant to last for a good period of time, but it depends on what expectations you and your surgeon discussed prior to surgery. Sometimes, it appears to others that there has not been much of a change as the results are very natural appearing, even though big changes can be seen between the pre and postop photos. 

You should judge your changes by the changes seen in your photos. I hope they provide some encouragement. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

MACS

+1

Depends on who did it. The originators of the surgery (minimal access cranial suspension) and the people who have taken the course do great work that should have an effect way longer than a year. It may be just that the neck is recurring within the year which is more common

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Durability of facelift

+1

You will still be quite swollen and it's difficult to gauge the results of a facelift this soon after surgery.  It certainly is not common for facelift results to last 3 days.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Face Lift Didn't Last Long?

+1

Thank you for your question. There are so many different techniques and variations on the theme that a specific time frame is difficult to determine.  For any failure to occur this soon, immediate follow-up with your surgeon is essential to determine if this course is the one that is anticipated, and what is for the future. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Minimal access facelifts commonly produce poor results.

+1

The release of all retaining ligaments of the face is a requirement for good facelift. Furthermore the incision has to be long enough to permit adequate removal of surplus skin. Minimal incision facelifts restrict this.

Face Lift only lasted 3 days?

+1

Dear Sjamieson,

Thank you for your question.  Clearly 3 days is not the expected lifespan of a good facelift.  On average, a face lift with muscle elevation will last for many years, not days.  Discuss with your surgeon and view your pre and 4 months post operative photos (or so) with him.

Best Wishes, 

Pablo PRichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

MACS procedure only lasted three days?

+1

Of course, it is difficult for anyone on this forum to answer your question without more information and without photos.  Obviously, you paid a lot of money for your procedure and wished to achieve long term results.  The best person to address this question to would be the doctor who did your procedure.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

MACS minimal access cranial suspension facelift why it didn't last

+1

The results should last but the question is what are you looking for in results. I have to say that things in facial plastic surgery are changing. Facelifts and facial Plastic Surgery are changing and new alternatives are paving the way to younger and more natural results. Especially an improved understanding of the aging process is changing. Facelifts are traditional approaches. Your face ages by shifting in a downward and inward movement and traditional procedures shift your tissues upward and backward so your face is not where it was before.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lift results

+1

Thank you for the question.  How long a face lift result should last depends on the type of procedure, the surgeon, and the patient.  In general full face lift results should last about 8 years on average.  I would discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon as he/she will be able to best advise you on what is occurring as well as what should be done if you feel your face lift results have only lasted 3 days.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+1

Although I choose not to perform the MACS facelift, this method is reliable and should have durable, long-lasting results if executed properly.  If you need a revision, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts, facelift revisions, and facial procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA