What to Do After Macs Lift Disfigured my Face?

2.5 years ago, a surgean from belgium performed a macs lift, I had mostly loss of volume problem and she tried to correct this with a macs lift resulting in even more hollowness then before, facial contours changed for the worse, problems with the movemnet of mouth, skin is pulled assymetrically. How can I fix this?

Surgical changes

+2
Your situation is complex as  the degree of severity is hard to understand without photos and a consultation. You have mentioned 3 distinct problems which will require a skilled plastic surgeon to correct. Of the 3 issues, volume correction is the simplest and can be done with fillers in an office setting or fat grafting in the OR. Asymmetrically pulled skin will require a surgical procedure. 2.5 years after surgery you may have enough laxity of the facial skin to redrape it and achieve better balance. The movement disorder is the most concerning as it may be related to a nerve injury which has not resolved or perhaps due to one of the MACS sutures. This will require studies and surgical exploration to determine possibility of retunr of function.
Seek out a surgeon with significant experience in facelifting both primary and corrective. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.drrobkessler.com/Pages.aspx/Featured-Procedure-Minimally-Invasive-Aesthetic-Procedures

MACS lift

+1

I agree with what has been posted here before about the need to see photographs of you in order to direct better how to help you. Remember that the MACS lift is a very limited procedure due to the small incisions that you need to do and you are only depending on one suture to hold the lift on each area. A mini-lift or a Facelift may be a better alternative in your case for a revision. Please consult a board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Disfigured Face after Lift

+1

The best thing you can do is find a surgeon experienced in facial rejuvenation and reconstructive surgery. It is impossible to give specific advice without excellent pictures or careful examination. Multiple tissue layers need to be assessed. Best of Luck.

Macs lift disfigured face

+1

Forgot to post photos. So go see a boarded plastic surgeon. My guess is you will need further surgery. Sorry for the experience.

Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. B

Revision of Facelift

+1

I have been using the MACS Lift as my only facelift method for the last 5 years after converting from the standard lift that I had done for over 25 years. I also use it for all my revisions and redos (60% of what I do). I have not seen the problems you list, though, theoretically, they can happen after any technique. The only way to know what you need is through a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon with significant experience with facelift revision or redo. Since you are in Belgium, I would suggest you see Dr. Patrick Tonnard or Dr. Alex Verpaele in Gent, since they are the originators of the MACS Lift. You can find information on them at coupurecentrum.be.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Fixing a bad facelift.

+1

I have done facelifting for 35 years and would have to see photos and probably examine a face for tightness, fat loss, texture, etc. See an experienced revision facelift surgeon for evaluation.