Macs Facelift Cost?

Comparing cost of Macs Facelift.In UK -£6000, in Wellnesskliniek, Belgium €4000 but at Dr Patrick Tonnard's,Belgium its €20,000(Costs inclusive of all medical expenses).Dr Tonnard has pioneered the technique&is an excellent Dr but am confused why for same proceedure cost is 5 times more. Please explain what is reason for such a big difference, is it that Surgeons use different techniques for Macs facelift?Pls also recommend some names of reputed Surgeons in Europe who do the Macs face lift.Thanks,Nita

Macslift Cost

+1

Hello! Each country has their standard prices for plastic surgery procedures. I think it really depends on the cost of living and what type of fees the doctor,s have to pay such as rent, malpractice insurance etc. Many people cannot afford the high prices of plastic surgery in their country so Medical tourism was created to give people an opportunity to have plastic surgery at affordable prices and also acheive the best results. It is important to research which countries offer the most affordable prices without lowering the quality of the procedure.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Cost of MACS Facelift

+1

Dear neeta,

The cost of surgery depends on several factors including your condition and goals, the amount of work that needs to be done, the cost of the operating room facility and anesthesia, the local geography, and the skill and experience of the surgeon.

When comparing costs, make sure you understand what the costs include - you want to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges. Also, keep in mind that when it comes to your health and well being, cheaper is usually not better. You often get what you pay for.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Cost of lower face and neck lift

+1

When you are looking for a facelift surgeon or the cost of it, you must consider several factors: Facelift cost is dependent on the experience of the surgeon, and the extent of the procedure. In addition, facelift prices include much more than the surgeon’s fee if done under major anesthesia. In those cases, the total facelift cost includes facility fees, anesthesiologist fees, aftercare fees, and more. This might cost up to $15,000. I perform my lower facelifts without need for general anesthesia in office surgical room. By performing the procedure in office and under local anesthesia the price is cut in half and the saving goes all to patient. Average cost for a face and neck lift is between $7000 to $9000.  This includes facility fees, surgeon fees, and aftercare fees.

Web reference: http://www.galleryofcosmeticsurgery.com

MACS Facelift cost factors

+1

As others have explained, it is the experience and skill of the surgeon together with what the market will bear. Dr Tonnard has written a book on the subject and responsible for popularizing the technique by lecturing all over the world. Priceless. 

On the other hand, I personally charge less than half of his charge and perform approximately 100 MAC facelifts a year, without drains making it quite affordable for most.

Other factors influencing cost include: 

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

Web reference: http://drnichter.com/liftlift-type-modified-smas-facelift-technique/

Variable costs with face lifts

+1

Remember with the MACS lift or any other plastic surgery procedure that you need to compare apples with apples- do the costs include only the surgeon's fee, or additionally the operating room, anesthesia, etc.  It's easy to get confused unless you know exactly what the costs represent.

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Terry A. Cromwell M.D.

+1

I do MACS facelifts but unlike Dr. Tonnard I prefer general anesthesia and no drains. He is the professor and I admire his work. I include fat grafts in many of my face lifts. Cost in my area is usually 15.00-18,000 dollars including everything.

Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Fees for MACS Facelift

+1

The fees for the MACS facelift may include other procedures, medications, or revision costs, but it may be that the fee is 5 times higher.

Differences in MACS Facelift Cost?

+1

Dear Nita,

The short answer is that Dr. Tonnard charges more because he can. He was one of people who developed the technique so he clearly has the most extensive experience doing it. His fee is "all inclusive" but it's not clear exactly what that means. Remember that you often get what you pay for, and I am sure this applies in Europe as well as the States. Choosing the least expensive option is not always a bargain, but you may not need to go to the most expensive surgeon around either. I think you need to do more research on the surgeons experience and qualiifications and not focus quite as much on the fees. 

My other question is why do you feel compelled to have a MACS lift. It is really nothing more than a short scar facelift with a modified method of elevating the SMAS. I tried it for some time in my practice but found that it did not do a very good job of lifting the facial tissues and I eventually discarded it. The MACS lift also does nothing to correct more severe sagging of the neck tissues. I believe that there are other techniques which are more effective when performed well. Your results will really have much more to do with the person performing the surgery than with any branded technique employed. 

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Macs lift

+1

Dear Nita,

We live in a capitalistic free society.  surgeons have the right to charge as much as they wants and you have the right not to choose them as your surgeon. Are you getting quots for partial MACS lift or full MACS lift and does surgery includes lower eyelids and neck too?  If you add it all up, price can reach $15,000 - $18,000. The most important factor in choosing your board certified plastic surgeon is experience. Make sure that your surgeon performed lots of this type of surgery . Check their before and after pictures and be sure that you like the reslts. 

Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Why are fees different

+1

I assume Dr. Tonnard charges a premium for his operation as he has the most experience with it. With experience comes judgement which can result in better and more consistent results. If you wish a younger and less experienced surgeon who can likely do the same operation for a lesser charge, so be it. Also, be sure that these other figures are all inclusive.  

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon