Best Macro Nutrient Ratio to Facilitate Post TT Healing?

I track everything i eat so I can stay lean as posible while still being healthy. I normally eat 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% healthy fats. Ive just had my tummy tuck and muscle repair after 3 kids....and I was wondering what the best macro nutrient ratio is to help speed the healing along. Should i increase or decrease any particular category? thanks

Nutrient Ratio to Facilitate Post TT Healing?

+2

Wound healing has such a metabolic priority in the body, that so long as you are not severley malmourished or suffering from rickets (vitamin C deficiency) there isn't anything that will speed up wound healing. It is already in overdrive. 

Just maintain your already good eating habits.

Thanks, and best wishes.

Nutrition after Tummy Tuck

+2

Based on the information you provided, you should be OK with your current diet. If unsure, check with your surgeon.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Nutrition and Tummy Tuck Healing

+2

As long as you maintain the balanced healthy diet that you are currently following, you will have no issues in with healing. There are no particular foods that will help you heal faster than your normal rate of healing.

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your recent surgery!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Boosting healing with oral suppliments

+1

One of the greatest misconceptions among the public is the idea that boosting the intake of various dietary supplements will enhance health, accelerate healing and prolong life.

Not so.

A normal balanced diet will provide all that is necessary for normal (maximal) healing and the maintenance of good health. Boosting any of the essential vitamins, minerals, fats or amino acids will not boost healing in the normal person. However, it is true that dietary deficiencies can cause healing problems.and replacement therapy will help here.

J. Brian Boyd, MD