Which Laser Will Work Best For My Symptoms?

which one is the best machine on the market that alone can perform all of these treatments “very well” with maximum 3-4 days downtime?: - acne scars, - periorbital wrinkles reduction - skin rejuvenation - redness or other irregularities of the skin (like uneven skin tone) - melasma There are so many machines out there: fraxel, Active FX , Palomar fractional, StarLux 500 Laser, etc, etc.......

Fraxel Re:store acne scars and wrinkles

+1

Fraxel Re:store will address all of your concerns except redness.  You would need IPL or a pulsed dye laser to reduce redness and it could be done one week after the Fraxel treatment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Best Laser for My Symptoms

+1

Hi,

I agree with the other reviewers that Fraxel:Restore can address all of your concerns including acne, melasma, age spots, and wrinkles with a 2-3 day downtime with makeup.  It is a very easy laser procedure that produces consistently good results.  In our office, we do not sell Restore packages, we tell patients to book at their own convenience.  Invariably, patients are so happy with the procedure they make the decision to do more.

Best for the New Year

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel for several Skin issues

+1

The Fraxel re:store laser would do a very good for many of the concerns you listed; specifically, acne scars, periorbital wrinkles, skin rejuvenation and possibly melasma.  It will not treat the redness of you skin.  This would have to be done with either an IPL device (Fotofacial) or a pulsed dye laser (Vbeam).  Generally speaking, the more aggressive the treatment, the longer the downtime, but the better the results.  You could also achieve similar results with a fractional CO2 resurfacing laser (ActiveFX or Fraxel re:pair) as with the Fraxel re:store.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD
Frisco Dermatologist

Recovery from Fraxel for acne scars

+1

If you are seeking the shortest down time, I would highly recommend the Fraxel Restore, not Fraxel Dual nor Fraxel Repair. The Fraxel Resotre provides my patients who are being treated for bad acne scars, with very good results. There is minimal flaking, minimal swelling, but there is redness for about five days. Some patients, the minority, experience up to a week and a half for the most intense redness to go away, but it can be covered with makeup or skin-colored sunscreen. Periorbital lines are related to muscle movement and no laser will make them go away permanently. Some crows feet do get better though. Brown spots are helped by Fraxel REstotre, although the settings are different than that used for acne scarring (less energy for less deep penetration) and Fraxel does not help reduce preexisting facial redness.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Best Laser for Skin Rejuvenation with Short Downtime...Fraxel restore or Dual

+1

Hello Angelo,

The more effective laser treatments for your goals of skin rejuvenation will take longer that 4 days to recover.  In general, the more effective the laser, the longer the recovery period.  Fraxel restore or Fraxel Dual will have you recovered in about 5 days.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD