Different Eye Shapes Almost 4 Months After Blepharoplasty?

I had upper blepharoplasty on both eyelids in Feb 2012. Around Aug. of that same year, the right lid starting drooping a little. By Nov., it got pretty bad and I got approved by my insurance company to have the upper bleph done on my right eye again. (This condition is not congenital for me, fyi) I had the bleph done @ the beginning of this Feb. The eye I had surgery on is still wider than the other. Do I have any hope that it will change shape still? I feel so self conscious about it.

4 Months Post Op Blepharoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. A blepharoplasty is only part of the equation  Sometimes, a brow lift is needed to lift the laxity of the brow in addition to a blepharoplasty.  Sometimes, both are essential to complete the job. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Difference between upper blepharoplasty and ptosis surgery

+1

Upper blepharoplasty removes excess/loose skin from the upper eyelids. It does NOT actually change the position/height of the upper eyelid.  The height of the eyelid is determined by the muscle responsible for lifting the eyelid (levator muscle). To actually lift the eyelid, the muscle has to be tightened (ptosis surgery) which would open the eyes more. See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation.

Web reference: http://www.tabanmd.com/ptosis-droopy-upper-eyelid

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.