I'm a 300 pound woman, been trying to lose 50 pounds for the last six months, I want to know if lipo n a tummy tuck is worth it?

Is liposuction or tummy tuck appropiate for 300lb

+1
At 300lbs, liposuction or a tummy tuck would not be appropiate. As I tell all my patients who are not at their ideal weight, plastic surgery is not for weight loss but more for body contouring. I would encourage to continue to lose weight or visit with a bariatric surgeon.

Please lose weight before tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question.  At 300 pounds tummy tuck surgery is not safe for you.  For the best resultand for your safety it is very important that you lose weight and get close to your ideal body weight before considering tummy tuck surgery.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Weight loss

+1

Being 300 pounds, it is not advisable for you to have plastic surgery. The best procedure that I would recommend as right now for you would be to have a bariatric surgery in order to help you loose the weight and make your body be ready for the next step, which is plastic surgery.

Best wishes
Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1
I would suggest, for many important reasons, that you achieve a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing any elective surgery. You will find lots of information on this website, in previous posts, related to your concerns. Best wishes.

Weight loss mandatory before considering body contouring surgery

+1
Need to get your weight down before considering body contouring surgery.  At your weight you are at a high risk for complications.  You may want to consider bariatric surgery.  

Lipo and TT at 300 lbs.

+1
While I agree with the other doctors here, there is a way for you to get where you want to be. I routinely refer patients like you for a laparoscopic procedure which will help you lose aroun 100 pounds in a year. Then I see them back and we consider body contouring surgery. In many states the weight loss procedure is a covered benefit. Good luck. 

Grady B. Core, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummy tuck at 300 pounds

+1
Unless you are 8 ft tall you need to lose weight first. Likely at least 100 pounds. Not only is your risk of a serious complication high at that weight. You won't be happy with the result. 

Terrence Murphy, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Liposuction Not Treatment For Obesity

+1
Neither a TT nor liposuction is likely to benefit you.  It would be extremely dangerous to remove enough tissue to make a difference.  If you weigh 300 pounds, you might consider consultation with a bariatric surgeon.

John Whitt, MD

I'm a 300 pound woman. I want to know if lipo n a tummy tuck is worth it?

+1
You would not be a candidate for either Liposuction or a Tummytuck until your BMI is under 30. Otherwise the risks are much to high and the benefits would be nonexistant.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

+1
A liposuction is worth it if you are a good candidate. At 300 pounds, I expect it would not be the procedure of choice for you. Liposuction is not a wait loss procedure. After you have lost down to a practicle weight, then the resuting areas that need lipo can be liposuctined successfully. If you cannot lose the weight, you may want to consider a lap band or even by-oass surgery. Regarding diet, habits are hard to break, but to lose weight, you must limit your simple carbohydrate intake, such as any dessert, bread particularly white), rice, potatoes, pasta, and any sugar. Andof course simple exercise such as walking is necessary, but the diet will make the largest implact.

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon