Can a Lymphedema Specialist Help with my Eye Swelling? (photo)

The doctors who have told other people that the swelling is just brow droop would be dead wrong in my case. The ones that talk about the muscle's role in lymph draining seem to have better insigt. I realize now that I should have been advised never to get botox based on my lymphedema risk. I have no lymph nodes on my left arm, & any wound on that side swells enormously. My bizarre eye swelling seems so similar. Can a lymphedema specialist help me? Will it be permanent like all lymphedema?

Lymphedema and Botox

+2

I'm sorry about your experience. Quite frankly, there is nothing in the Botox literature and medication guide to say that lymphedema and Botox have any contraindications. I would suggest you contact Allergan (the makers of Botox) at 1.800.433.8871 to report your adverse affect. Because there is nothing to show any contraindications, I don't think any of us can answer your question with any certainty about its permanence or not. You can see a lymphedema specialist, of course, and it's not a bad idea to get more opinions on the matter.

Botox and upper eyelid

+1

I can not determine from a photograph if there is lymphedema, redundant skin or a lowered eyebrow that has brought down the upper eyelid skin looking heavy. If would be rare for lymph node removal in the arms to increase facial swelling as the drainage of lymph fluid back to the heart avoids the lymph nodes in the underarm. In addition both of the eyelids appear to be either droopy or swollen. There could be generalized lymphedema if there is a systemic reason such as low protein and other causes including, sinus issues, and allergies. If your forehead had been somewhat lowered from the past, and it helped keep your eyebrows and upper eyelids elevated, and you then had forehead botox, it could drop your eyebrows and push the upper eyelid skin down making it look bulky or swollen. I would suggest you have a consultation with an expert oculoplastic , plastic or dermatologic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html