Will Lymphatic Massage Help Me Heal Faster from my Mommy Makeover?

I will be getting a full TT, BA, and lypo of my flanks. Will lymphatic massage help me heal better and more quickly?

update: 4/26/12:
I am going to be getting BA, TT, and lypo of the flanks, in July. I have done some research and have learned that lymphatic massage can help the healing process. How soon after surgery should I start getting lymphatic massage treatments and how often should I get them? Also, how many sessions should I do, to maximize my healing.

Will lymphatic drainage help after surgery.

+1

With or without Lymphatic massage your swelling will eventually diminish and your bruising will subside.  Massage may help speed the process.  In my own practice when I feel that the wounds are well enough healed i allow my patients to begin massage.  Most of them do it on their own but I certainly don't object to an outside therapist as long as the timing is appropriate.

Please be sure you check with your surgeon about the timing that he or she feels as appropriate.

Good luck with your surgery.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Lymphatic Massage

+1

Lymphatic massage helps with the recovery process and helps with improving post-operative swelling.  Please talk to your plastic surgeon to get his/her recommendations.  Best of luck!

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Lymphatic Drainage

+1

Lymphatic Drainage massage is extremely helpful in reducing swelling, bruising and can alleviate scar tissue discomfort. Check with your surgeon to see when its best for you to start.

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Lymphatic Massage Helps

+1

Absolutely- I instruct all my abdominoplasty and liposuction patients on massae techiques to help reduce swelling. It is best to check with your surgeon to confirm when and how much massage you should be doing, to get your best results.

William Loutfy, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Lymphatic Massage after Mommy Makeover

+1

Some patients do choose to have a lymphatic massage after surgery. It will help with relaxation, tension in the muscles, stress, etc.. but I would strongly recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon and only proceed once you have received clearance to do so.

Massage after mommy makeover.

+1

Yes, lymphatic massage is a great way to help the healing process as far as swelling. It also helps with muscle relaxation and stress reduction.

Make sure you get clearance from your surgeon and inform your massage therapist so you will get the best results.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon