Lymphatic Drainage Massage

After getting feedback from this site about swelling after liposuction, I went for a lymphatic drainage massage. It was not what I expected. The therapist used a manual hand help suction pump that reminded me of a breast pump. Is this a common way to perform lymphatic drainage massage? It didn't seem right to me.

The "right" manual lymphatic drainage?

+1

In my opinion, manual lymphatic drainage is not really more than something to make you feel that you are doing something for swelling.  Nature takes care of most of it by itself so there really is no "right" way to do a massage technique.