Can a filler injected into the nose that is supposed to last 8-12 months get absorbed in just a few weeks?

A month ago my surgeon injected a filler to even out the irregularities on my nose (after two rhinoplasties). I don't want another rhinoplasty but I am not happy with the result of the surgeries. At first my nose was quite swollen at the site of injection, but just after a few days the filler seemed to have began vanishing. Is it possible that the filler was absorbed? What should I do now with the dent on the left side of my nose (my left side) towards the tip?

Filler injection

+1

It is doubtful that filler injected one month ago has dissappeared. Certianly the swelling may have subsided and that is why you see now what you see.

+1

It is unlikely that a filler injected one month ago has gotten absorbed already. The initial swelling you are describing is normal post-injection inflammation and what you are likely left with now is the actual appearance of the filler itself (without any of the initial swelling). If you are not satisfied with the filler appearance, you have two options. You can either add more filler to the area to try and contour it more, or you might be able to dissolve the existing filler. Find out what kind of filler was used; if a hyaluronic based filler was used, then there are options to dissolve it.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon