Lupus and Keloids: Am I Still Good Candidate for Restylane?

I have lupus and keloid, as well as difficulty healing. I use acupuncture, occasional steriods and a number of Chinese, holistic mediciine including gingseng. Am I a candidate for Restylane?

Restylane and Lupus

+1

While lupus is not a contraindication with the hyaluronic fillers like collagen, I would be leary of injecting into someone with a history of systemic lupus. Plus, if you add your history of keloid formation, I would be even less inclined to recommend these injections.

I would like to mentiion that lupus and other collagen vascular diseases are not contraindicated with Restylane or Juvederm. Unlike collagen, hyaluronic acid is not species specific. Thus, the hyaluronic acid fillers do not provoke the antibody response found in the collagen fillers. So, the above is my own animus; so you might find other physicians who disagree with perfectly valid reasons.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist