Lumpy Thighs After Liposuction?

I had Liposuction on my inner thighs one week ago. Although the actual procedure was very painful, my recovery has been much easier than I anticipated. One of my legs looks swollen but fine whereas the other one is just a mass of very ugly lumps and bumps.

It looks like really bad cellulite with a bunch of saggy skin over it. Is this appearance likely to change very much as I continue my recovery?

Early Lipo

+1

Take a deep breath and calm down. Rome was not built in a day and lipo suction does not heal in a week. It IS VERY EARLY. It normally takes up to two to three months for swelling and hardness to resolve after liposuction. Massage is very helpful and things Will be better in three weeks. If as you say there is a marked difference between sides,discuss this with your surgeon. Give it some time.

Liposuction result should not be lumpy.

+1

Hi.

From your description, you may not get a good result.  See your surgeon right away. Sometimes, massage helps.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Hard to tell

+1

In general, liposuction will make smooth surfaces lumpy and lumpy surfaces more lumpy. But things can worsen or improve post-op depending on individual circumstances. Much of it depends on the anatomy you begin with. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon and see if massage, Endermologie, additional compression garments or other treatment might be beneficial.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Rule out hematoma after Liposuction

+1

One week is early after surgery. However, I recommend that you check with your surgeon to rule out any hematomas. In general, I recommend lymphatic massage and compression garment for my patients for 6 weeks.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS