Lumpy Area in Sub Brow After Fat Grafting. Does it Correct Itself With Time?

I am 10 days out of a fat grafting procedure to my brow, sub brow, temples, cheeks, marionette lines, and jaw. I am very happy with all areas except the sub brow area on my right eye. There is an area there that is droopy. It is a little harder than the surrounding area but not by much. My doctor did not seem very concerned and told me to massage it 4-5 x/day. I am worried that it will be saggy like it is now. Does this type of issue usually correct itself in time? I am very concerned.

Fat transfer lumps

+1

Yes,

This can be normal after surgery.  Your surgeon has given you good advice with the massage.  If it persists, do not worry, there are a variety of ways to treat it.

Nima Shemirani

Lumpy sub-brow

+1

Massage is a good idea - you may also have the area injected with Kenlaog or 5-FU if the lump does not go away with massage

Sam Naficy, MD

Be patient

+1

Fat grafting will take a few months to settle. Even then there are things that can be done to help settle more lumpy areas. But it would be premature to do that when it will likely settle on its own. Continue with your doctors recommendations.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Early Fat Injection Lump

+1

Fat injections take time to settle, integrate and smooth themselves out. At 10 days after surgery, you are a long way from having the final result. Massaging the area is reasonable to help smooth it out as it heals. I would not judge the result or be concerned until you are three months out from surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Lumpy area after fat transfer

+1

This soon after surgery the area you're feeling may likely improve with time. Follow your surgeon's instructions to massage and continue to follow up to make sure it is healing normally.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD