Lumps on the Inside of Lips 2 Weeks After Having Restylane Injections?

I had my lips injected with restylane 2 weeks and 2 days ago. since then ive noticed hard almost clear looking lumps on the inside of my lips. the most prominent being on the upper lip where i had the most injected. they appear to be getting worse rather than better. am waiting to see a doctor, does anyone know what this might be and what i can do about it?

Lumps on the inside of the lips following Restylane treatment?

+2

Hello, and sorry to hear about the side effects you are experiencing. It sounds like you have extra product in the area, and an exam would be necessary for a proper evaluation. If necessary, the lumps can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. From here, I would recommend following up with your provider. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

+2

Clear areas after the swelling and bruising is gone may be residual product that is amenable to enzymatic dissolution.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lumps in lip after restylane

+2

Its quite likely you have a bit too much restylane lumped in one place, which you or your doctor can firmly massage out in most cases, or just wait to see your doctor for consideration of hyaluronidase to dissolve that area. Make sure to only see a highly trained specialist like a dermatologist, and possibly consider a softer filler like Juvederm to minimize the likelihood of lumping. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumpy lips after restylane

+2

It is very possible that this is some filler product. GO back to your doctor and have them take a look. Do not do anything on your own as they are experienced at taking care of these things

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Lumps on the Inside of Lips 2 Weeks After Having Restylane Injections

+2

Most likely it's the filler itself that is too superficial. It can create lumps if it's injected like this with a pocket technique and it's not smoothed out all the way after that. When the rest of the swelling resolves, they will seem "worse" but that's because you are more aware of them. These pockets can be dissolved with a bit of hyaluronidase.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Lumps on the inside of the lip after a filler service.

+2

This is most likely filler.  I actually ask my patients after a perioral treatment to sweep the inside of the lips and cheeks with the tongue to look for bumps like this.  At the time of the service, these can be easly reduced.  Two weeks out, your doctor can remove these in a variety of ways including nick the mucosa to release the product or injecting enzyme if it is an HA filler.

Restylane and lips

+1

It sounds like you need to follow up with the provider who performed the injections. I doubt you need to be seen by your primary care provider unless you think this is something other that product that needs massage or removal. If you aren't having any pain and it's a few small lumps, typically the injector can massage those down. Waiting 2 weeks is best to allow for swelling as you've done.

Sam Naficy, MD

Massaging may work!

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with you results. With tissue fillers, lumps can occur if too much filler is inserted in one area. For this reason, it has always been my philosophy that an under correction is always better than an over correction. Luckily, with Restalyne, the lumps can be reduced with hyaluronidase to a more acceptable level. You may be able to massage the lumps down yourself! I would recommend you speak to your doctor about getting a hyaluronidase injection to reduce the lumps, if massaging the lumps does not work.

Best of luck, Dr. Marefat

Saeed Marefat, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon