I used juviderm ultra 3. Are lumps, swelling, and unevenness normal on first day? My dr says it will resolve will it?

I just got juviderm ultra three inject in my lips yesterday my lips are swollen unevenly and I feel like there is a lump on the side and that some parts are swollen and some are not and that there is a part that is completely flat. Is this normal? My lower lip is beautiful but my upper lip has all these issues

Uneven swelling after lip injections.

+1
Thank you for your question. Swelling is a common side effect of lip injections and can last approx. 2 weeks. If you have a hard dense area that may be filler, please see your injector to have the area massaged. If the dense area remains you may have to have it dissolved with hyaluronidase injections.

Lip fillers can look distorted first few days

+1

Bruising and swelling can distort upper lips after fillers.  It is impossible to tell during the first 2 days.  We recommend waiting 2 weeks before evaluating lips after Juvederm and other fillers.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm and lip swelling

+1
There can be bruising and swelling for up to 2 weeks after Juvederm injections for the lips.  If you are not happy at that time, please return to your doctor for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

+1
It is common to have swelling after injections of any filler some create more swelling for longer as well as some areas swell more then others. Lips tend to swell more. Give it about 5 to 7 days and evaluate at that time.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon