Lumps on Smoker's Lines After Juvederm?

I had Juvederm injected yesterday into my smoker's lines (quit 16 years ago!) and a day later, I am all swollen, bruised and there is absolutely no difference in the lines.

I have lumps around the lines now. Will the lumps disappear? Will the smoker's lines fill out or was it done incorrectly? I am very upset about this as it was quite expensive for just four little lines.

Relax It's Too Early

+1

The lips are the one area of the face that tend to take longer to recover from any surgery or injectable. So I'm sure it will be fine once the swelling resolves. But also remember these lines can sometimes be difficult to fully get rid of. The skin around the mouth has such good memory that it wants to stay creased. It will take time to relax over the Juvederm.

There can be lumpy areas and gentle massage will help. So work the massage and put some cool compresses on.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

One day is too soon to know

+1

Swelling for at least 3 days can prevent you from accurately evaluating your result. After 3-7 days, the final correction will be evident and you can return to your MD to discuss your results.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist