Is Velashape an Option for Lumps After Lipo?

I have lumps from Liposuction and I'm wondering, what are my options to fix them? Is Velashape a good choice for me? If no, please explain what would be the most helpful. I am 6 weeks out and very depressed about the results. Is there anything I can do? I do 400 crunches per day and regularly massaging the area. I am 115 lbs. at 5'3" and liked my stomach much better before I had the Liposuction. I am 50 years old but have never been more than 120 lbs. I have always worked out 3-4 times per week, and  had a mass index of 15% body fat before Liposuction. Will I have to pay to get lumps removed?

Velashape/smooth after lipo

+1

Having been a part of the initial development of the machine, I can tell you that I have often offered this to my patients after suction of the hips and lateral thighs. Patients appreciate the treatment and are pleased with the total package result.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Velashape may help

+1

It really is too early to be so concerned. It takes 3-6 months for these things to resolve. The velashape will help but massage and time will also help.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon to address lumps after liposuction

+1

20 % of people notice some irregularity after liposuction, especially in the first month or two after surgery.

Massage and lymphatic drainage are time tested methods to improve lumps and irregularities. I would give it 3 months before being concerned.

Velashape is controversial-some say it works very well to improve contour deformities after liposuction-others say no. However I would certainly give it a try. If nothiing else the suction may improve lymphatic drainage.

If after 4-6 months you still have lumps you may need further surgery. Localised removal of lumps with standard lipo is very difficult. I have had good success with the laser assisted lipo.

See before and after photos of SlimLipo.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS