Risk of Lumps with Lipo

I am scheduled for lipo soon on my tummy, thighs and flanks. I recently heard though, after about a year, you develop lumps. since during lipo, while removing fat, the canulas also push it around, dispalacing it and later you develop fat "pockets". How often doas this acctually happen and are thier some methods of lipo that have a lower risk for this?

Developeing lumps one year after liposuction

+1

If you have lumps from liposuction, they will typically appear sooner. However, I have seen individuals develop lumpiness from weight gain subsequent to the liposuction procedure.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Lipsuction and irregularities

+1

Contour irregularities can happen with liposuction. As to who gets firm lumps, that is a tough question to answer. Often these firm areas can be massage out and they soften over time.

Liposuction smooth vs. lumpy

+1

Displacement of fat should not occur. The area needs to be treated evenly so that there is a general smooth reduction of fat and the contour does reduce further in the first six months. This careful attention to detail is related to the surgeon and their skills rather than the device used.  If a focal area looks too thin or high after the area matures, then revision can be done.

Liposuction should not leave any lumps.

+1

Hi.

This  is really sculpture and so the results are completely dependent on how skillful and meticulous the surgeon is.