Lumps Above Lip After Filler Injected Months Ago; Scar Tissue? Can It Be Fixed?

I have a lump on each side of my top lip..the one on the left is VERY visible & ugly. I had Juvederm for the first time several months ago. I didn't care for the look, so I never got it again. In the meantime, I have these lumps on each side that I am afraid are scar tissue. After seeing a dermatologist, I was told that the only way to fix the problem is by making a small incision to remove. The Dr. that did the procedure, however, said that hyaluronidase would remove it. Aside from a lump above my lip after filler done nearly a year ago, I also have an obvious crooked smile now on the same side as the lump. Is it possible that the lump is scar tissue or if the crooked is related to the Juvederm? Can anything be done for either one?

Lumps above Lip after Juvederm

+3

The lumps that you have are probably Juvederm (although you also mentioned that you had filler nearly one year ago as well) and not scar tissue.  Please try the Hyaluronidase before you do anything involving an incision which may leave an unsightly scar.   

Beverly Hills Dermatologist

Lumps from Juvederm

+2

If it is filler, which is what I'd assume it is, hyaluronidase can remove it quite easily. Before going through a surgical route, I'd try a bit of hyaluronidase as it's an easy procedure and I bet it gets rid of the pockets of filler that sound like they are there.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Lump in lip after Juvederm, Product or scar tissue?

+1

It is highly unlikely for Juvederm to cause scar tissue.  It is more than likely Juvederm placed too superficially.  This can be dissolved with Hyaluronidase.   You should return to your original doctor for correction.  He will likely do this at no charge.

Sam Naficy, MD

Lumps from juvederm are reversible

+1

if all you say is true, then the lumps should be reversible with hyauronidase injections.  best of luck. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist

Lip lumps after juvederm

+1

Definitely try hyaluronidase before a surgical approach.  One of the nice things about hyaluronic acid fillers like restylane and juvederm is that they respond to hyaluronidase and can be diminished or eliminated in a relatively easy manner.

John Q. Cook, MD

Lumps in lip after fillers

+1

Lumps in the lips after fillers may represent filler product and hyaluronidase may dissolve the product. I would probably try that first before excising anything from the lip. Of course, an exam is essential.