Lumps in Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

I had Rhinoplasty almost three weeks ago and I'm starting to notice little lumps inside both nostrils. At first there seemed to only be one small lump on each side, so I assumed it was swelling from the incisions. However, now the lumps seem to be extended and have significantly narrowed my nostrils. Is this just normal swelling post-op? I've been breathing through my mouth anyways since I still can't blow my nose, but if I try to breathe through my nose, I don't have great air entry.

Lumps in nostrils

+1

Lumps in nostrils may be displaced grafts, sutures, stitch abscesses to name a few.  It is best to be evaluated by your surgeon to be sure.

Lumps in nostrils

+1

This is probably the incision and sutures that you are feeling.  Have your surgeon evaluate you to make sure there is no infection.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

There should be no lumps in nostrils after rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

I would see your plastic surgeon right away.  You might have "stitch abscesses". These are not serious and are easy to treat.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)