Lumps and Dents After Liposuction

I had Liposuction done 3weeks ago, and now have a big dent underneath my belly button. I also have lots of lumps all over my abdomen, which my doctor said would go away in 6 months. I started lymphatic drain massages yesterday, and will take 5 more sessions. I'm also massaging myself with a gadget I bought at the store. I use my compression garment all day, sometimes I take it off at night. Will that dent go away with time? Do I need to be doing anything else to smooth out the lumps?

Give it time after Liposuction

+1

The "lumpy bumpy" results are quite common at 3 weeks after surgery.

• Proceed with the MLD and your own massage.
  • Expect that you will experience little change for an additional 3 weeks.
  • At about 8 weeks you will notice softening and decrease in size and firmness of the lumps.

Some individuals advocate the use of external massage type devices such as Endermologie but I would proceed only on the advice of your surgeon.

Small Dents after liposuction are OK; Big ones, Not

+1

Small surface iregularities after lilposuction are common. Sometimes they may have been there before surgery, but not noticed. Larger dents may come from removal of a large amount of fat. They may be worth it if you wanted a large amount of fat removed. They may improve with time. They also may be decreased by fat grafting.

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD