Lumps and Bumps from Evolence

I've tried Botox on my forehead and didn't like the results so I thought I'd try a filler and my doctor recommended Evolence to fill the wrinkle between the brow and on my forehead.

Right after the procedure, I had tiny lumps and bumps in some spots where it was injected. They look bad, definitely worse than the wrinkles! Will they go away anytime soon? How long should I wait before calling my doctor? Is there anything a doctor can do to get rid of these lumps and bumps?

Evolence is not user-friendly for inexperienced doctors

+3

The Evolence injection technique is very different from other fillers. It should also not be injected into superficial dermal lines or lips. Lumping is the result of poor judgment, poor technique and inadequate familiarity with this otherwise excellent porduct. Unfortunately, the lumps will last months. There is no way to dissolve this dermal injectable.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Massage is key

+2

Greetings Nicole,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Evolence. The product itself is an excellent filler but must be used with some care. I would suggest going back to your physician ASAP to address your concerns. With Evolence, you will feel the filler under the skin for about a month, but if you see it, this is problematic. The key to using Evolence is making sure to massage the Evolence as soon as it is injected to ensure that lumps do not form. Once they are formed and a couple of days have passed, it can be very difficult to smooth them out. They will dissolve on their own but it can take several months. The best option at that point is to use another filler to smooth things out.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Evolence best used for nasolabial folds only

+1

Evolence is made of porcine collagen and an excellent filler for nasolabial folds. The material requires vigorous massaging after each injection and areas other than nasolabial folds and marionette lines may be less amenable to massaging and thereby risk of lumping is somewhat greater.

Web reference: http://www.drwilliamting.com/Fillers_for_Wrinkles.html

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

Evolence lumps and bumps

+1

Evolence is FDA approved for injection into the nasolabial folds.

This porcine derived product is essentially collagen which is nearly identical to human collagen.

The product can result in a lumpy and bumpy sensation. If injected using a depot technique, evacuation may be possible using a needle as a lance followed by expressing the material.

Unlike hyaluronics, there are no readily available collagenase injectables to correct or remove the product which is best left to time (approx 9-12 months).

Evolence is not indicated for the forehead.

+1

Evolence is a great product. However, it is not indicated for the forehead. Evolence is intended for the deep dermis and should not be injected superficially. Upon injection, like all fillers, there is a temporary swelling. However, this usually goes away within hours with Evolence, days with HA products and 7 to 10 days with Radiesse. If you have a lump, I would recommend massage. However, do not aggressively massage the area which may cause secondary trauma and additionally swelling. There is a product, Evolence Breeze, which is not yet approved by the FDA. When it is available it will be usefully for more superficial injections. In any case, you should go see your doctor for evaluation. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlaticSurgery.com