Lumps and Dents 2 Weeks Post Smart Lipo?

I had smart lipo 2 weeks and 2 days ago ... On flanks lower and upper abs...I noticed the day I got out of surgery that there was a dent in the lower abdomen and some lumpiness above and to the sides of my belly button...now at 2 weeks they are all more evident ! Help I don't kno what's going on I feel like I look worse then before

+1

This would be difficult to evaluate without an exam.  I would recommend returning to your surgeon.

Early post operative results with Smart Lipo. #Smart Lipo# lumps and bumps

+1

Smart Lipo healing will take weeks to months for the irregularities to either minimize or go away completely. There is a natural wound healing cascade experienced by all people undergoing Smart Lipo just as any surgical procedure. The lumps and bumps, firmness, numbness are all part of normal wound healing. Now once the wound healing has occurred you may notice a dent to the abdomen and I would bring this up to your physician and let him or her know about your concern. Dents can occur especially if your skin elasticity is poor.

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Give yourself time to heal

+1

The uneven areas after Smartlipo need time to heal; this may take a few weeks to months. Please be patient during this process and you will a body contouring change. Also go for your regular follow up visits to monitor your healing.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

SmartLipo and Abdominal Contouring

+1

Laser-assisted liposuction is more aggressive than other forms of liposuction, particularly in comparison to conventional (vacuum-assisted) liposuction. During the Smart Lipo procedure, laser light is used to heat channels of fat and the underside of the skin. If these channels are placed superficially and aggressively, they can become more visible as contour irregularities on the surface. In general, the early healing phase has completed in the course of 4-6 weeks. A formal re-evaluation should be made at that time, as it may be too early to determine a final result at the present. Liposuction of any kind does, on occasion, require revision procedures. In many cases, this can be performed in the office under light (oral) sedation to recontour any areas that remain prominent, and to taper and smooth out any surface irregularities. Fat grafting can also be used to add volume back to any areas that have been over-treated. Speak to your Plastic Surgeon about your concerns to determine what treatment plan is right for you.

Adam J. Oppenheimer, MD
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon