Are Lumps After TUBA Surgery Going to Go Away?

after TUBA breast aug, two lumps from where the implants were pushed through are growing and painful..right under my boobs and sore all the time...will they go away? its been 2weeks...

Lumps after TUBA breast augmentation (through the belly button)

+3

Historically, there are many problems after TUBA surgery (trans-umbilical breast augmentation). These problems can include infection, implant rupture, and  implant malposition.  The other problem is that silicone implants cannot be placed through the belly button. I personally do not perform this surgery because I feel that a more precise impalnt placement under direct vision is the better way to go. My patients have never complained about a 1.25 inch scar in the breast crease or the underarm area. I have operated on many patients with implant malpostion (poorly placed implants) after haveing them put in through the belly button. You are complaining of lumps which can be inflammation, scar tissue or an infection. As my colleagues said, you need to see you surgeon and have him/her examine you to make sure it is nothing serious.

Lumps under breasts after tuba

+2

it is very early in your healing and consider massage and time

if they are enlarging.  your doctor can consider aspiration of what may be a seroma  but this is unusual

The lumps will likely go away

+2

Its hard to tell without photos but at 2 weeks out the small lumps that you are noticing is likely either small confined areas of healing fluid also know as seroma or just localized swelling.  The other possibilities include a hematoma (collection of blood) or infection.  Stay in close contact with your plastic surgeon as an infection or an expanding hematoma should be addressed.

Remus Repta, MD

TUBA breast augmentation

+2

I have seen something similar. It was a hematoma (collection of clotted blood) within the tubular space that the implants are pushed through to get from the belly to the breasts. They are more painful if the muscle was scraped on the way up. In the patient I saw we were able to resolve the issue with deep endermologie massage. It broke up the clot and the patient's body absorbed it.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery. Most of the scar tissue that arises is formed in these areas of tissue plane separation. The same applies to breast implants where most of the scar is really around the implant.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Lumps after Breast Augmentation

+2

Without pictures or direct examination,  I would just be speculating as to what the “lumps” are that you are referring to. I would suggest follow-up with a plastic surgeon for direct examination.

Problems after TUBA breast augmentation

+2

Unfortunately, without photos it is impossible to tell you what your problems are related to.  However, TUBA augmentations are the most problematic of any approach. It is possible that it could be something as simple as an inflamed vein or something more involved. I would recommend visiting with your surgeon to get a full evaluation of your issue in the near future.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

TUBA post-op

+2

The swelling you have may be from generalized swelling, Mondor's cords, or several other things. An exam by your doctor would be helpful to figure this out.

See your surgeon

+1
You have to see your surgeon for a better assessment of your concern. While these may just be collections of fluid that may go away, they should be checked out just to make sure they won't compromise your results.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Lumps after TUBA

+1

It is hard to diagnose without a picture or more details. it would be best to see your surgeon and be examined.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS