Lumps After Liposuction in Every Area. What Can I Do for It to Go Away? Will It Disappear.

I had tumescent lipo done on my upper, lower abs and flanks 2 weeks ago. I've noticed that I have big lumps on my sides and small ones on my abs all over. I'm really worried that it'll stay that way. I'm also worried because when I first had it done my waist and abs looked awesome right away but now it looks the same as I had before? Will it go back or did I just get fat again?

Lumpiness after lipo

+1

You are still very early in healing. expect swelling some puffiness and lumpiness. Most of this resolves on its own over time. Make sure you follow up with your PS.

Lumpiness after lipousction

+1

Thanks for your question.  You had liposuction only 2 weeks ago.  I would expect that you would have some lumpiness and swelling/edema.  You should massage the area and wear compression garment.  Follow your plastic surgeon's postoperative instruction.  It will take several months to achieve the final contour from liposuction; you shouldn't worry too much at this time. Best wishes.

Sugene Kim, MD

Lumps After Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for your question. There are procedures that can reduce lumps and irregularities such as Vaser shape and Vela shape.  Swelling can also still occur.  I would recommend wearing your compression device to reduce swelling for 4 more weeks and then reassess for a treatment plan. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lumpiness after liposuciton is not uncommon

+1

Firmness and lumpiness are very common after liposuction of any type. If you are having skin irregularities it is possible that these were pre-existing.  It is the soft tissues normal response to trauma.  More than likely the swelling is better in the morning when you first wake up and gets worse throughout the day as you go about your normal activities.  Light massage is beneficial but in general it just takes time for this to resolve.  Look for it to remain about the same for the next three weeks and then begin to get better between the 6 th week and the end of the 3rd month.  Continue to wear your compression garment as instructed.

Liposuction Results at 2 Weeks

+1

Liposuction results at 2 weeks are hard to evaluate.  Lumps and bumps should be evaluated to make sure that no fluid collection is present.  I have patients wear the compression garment for 4 to 6 weeks, and I do not allow strenuous exercise for at least 4 weeks.  However, every surgeon is different, so ask your surgeon.

Post Tumescent Liposuction Hard Lumps - Cause and Treatment

+1

Post Tumescent Liposuction  Hard Lumps - Cause and Treatment
Massage can help manage firm lumps and bumps following liposuction to a varying degree. If the reason for this firm area is because of residual edema (called induration) then it will likely be gone by 6 months. Other causes may be from a localized seroma, liquefied fat pocket, or a fat deposit that did not survive.

Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful following  a  Liposuction Procedure to minimize swelling and resolve some of these firm areas.. Make sure your surgeon feels that you have healed sufficiently  and it is safe before doing this.  Endermologie is also very helpful after liposculpture/liposuction but again, not critical.  Although deep tissue massage following liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue. Typically they will have you massage toward areas of maximum lymphatic drainage ( for example groin or armpits) A low sodium diet may also be helpful early on.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

What to expect 2 weeks after liposuction

+1

It is very normal that you will look worse at 2 weeks than you did immediately after liposuction. I always tell patients that they need to take a look right and feel the areas that were treated immediately after we're done and that will be the best indicator of how they will look when they reach their final result. In the first days and weeks after liposuction there will be swelling and tissue reaction that can make the areas look and feel lumpy-bumpy. Swelling and tissue reaction is often asymmetrical. Don't be alarmed. If you looked awesome at the beginning, you'll look awesome again!

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Lumps After Lipo

+1

At two weeks after lipo, lumps are normal. The lumps normally go away by three to four weeks.

The fact that you saw awesome results immediately after lipo is the best indication of good results to come. Now is the time to focus on a healthy diet and exercise. If you do that, all should be fine.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon