Lumps After Double Chin Liposuction? (photo)

Hello: I had a nose job and a double chin liposuction three weeks ago. I'm really worried about the neck, it was swollen from the beginning but ten days after the surgery these lumps appeared and I'd like to know if that's normal or if it is the result of a bad surgery. If they are normal, how long will they take to disappear? Thank you.

Lumps and Bumps after Chin Liposuction

+2

Lumps and bumps take 3 to 6 months to resolveThe more fat that was suctioned the longer it will take to resolve.  Keep the faith.

Liposuction recovery in Los Angeles for the chin and neck

+1

I would address this issue in the early phase with your plastic surgeon so that he/she may advise you on more contoured compression and massage techniques.  Early treatment will improve results dramatically. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lumps are not unusual after chin liposuction

+1

Lumpiness is usually related to swelling and scar tissue formation.  This is best treated with massaging the area to improve lymphatic flow and soften the scar tissue.  You SHOULD NOT do this without talking to your plastic surgeon.  Lumpiness can take up to 6 months to improve and is related to the amount of tissue removed and the thickness of the skin in the area.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Neck Firmness and Lumps After Liposuction

+1

Firmness, lumps and bumps are very common after neck liposuction and,, while disconcerting, are issues which will resolve themselves in the next 6 to 8 weeks. Do not judge the result until three months after the procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Lumps After Double Chin Liposuction

+1

Great posted photos but very hard to advise over the internet. Best to seek in person second opinions. I think things SHOULD settle after 2 months but not sure. 

The Lumps and Bumps of Chin Liposuction

+1

Anya thank you for the pictures. I do not know the extent of your chin liposuction but typically the liposuction occurs just beneath the chin and jaw and not on the front of the neck. The reason I mention this is because it appears that you have some lumps in the neck as well as swelling.  I would recommend. Aggressive manual massage of the tissue and near continuous use of your compressive garment.  Give this area of treatment at least 3 months for the final contour and tissue softness to improve.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Lumps after liposuction under the chin

+1

It can take several months and sometimes up to a year to see the final result after liposuction of the neck (under the chin).  It is possible to get some temporary bumps and firmness to the treated area and normally these issues resolve with time.  Most likely, your bumps will improve with more time but I would encourage you to follow up with your surgeon to monitor your healing.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon