Lump 3 Weeks After Breast Augmentation

Yesterday I noticed a lump on my right crease (its at the beginning of the breast crease under the arm, between scar and armpit). It is not sore when I touch it and my skin did not change in that area (it didnt turn red or blue). I also dont think that it could be the implant as it really feels just like a small round lump. It is not sore when I touch it. Any advise? Thanks a lot!

Lump after breast augmentation

+1

Small lumps and changes in the breast after surgery are common. The majority of these issues are temporary and benign in nature. Regardless, any concerns that you have should be voiced to your plastic surgeon and be investigated clinically. Small lumps after surgery can be reactive lymph nodes, fat necrosis, suture knots, seromas or hematomas. I recommend you follow up with your surgeon to ease your mind.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Lump after aug

+1

This sounds like a reacitve lymph node to me.  Have your surgeon check it out.  If it's a lymph node, it will go away.  If it does not go away, it needs to be evaluated.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Lump after breast augmentation

+1

As stated below, it could be a lymph node, cyst, hematoma, seroma, etc. As long as it is stable, there should be no urgent need for treatment. I would advise discussing it with your surgeon who can provide you with his/her best educated guess.

Swollen Lymph Node Probably The Culprit

+1

With regards to your new lump after breast augmentation, it probably is a lymph node that is just responding to the trauma of surgery.  If there is no tenderness to the area, and no bruising, then it is proabbly just a reaction to the surgery.  It could also be a breast cyst that was aggravated by the surgery, or simply a lump that was always there but not evident until the implants pushed things outwards more.  I would have you surgeon evaluate the area, but I would not worry too much about it at this point.  I hope this helps.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Lump after breast aug

+1

Why not call your doctors office and have the nurse or the doctor take a look.  Almost always it is a small blood clot or hematoma and sometimes a lymph node reacting to the surgery by enlarging.  It certainly sounds like it should be fine but to ease your mind, see you plastic surgeon.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon