What Can I Do About Lump in Upper Lip After Fat Grafts?

I've seen the responses to this question on the site....BUT my lump is still in my upper lip and it's been a year since I had the fat transfer. It isn't noticable until I smile (with teeth), then it falls over my teeth on one side and looks kind of awful. I have to make sure I smile with closed lips... (My PS has moved out of state, so no help there.) I know fat transfers last for years, and overall, I like the results of mine, but is there anything I can have done to lessen this lump?

Fat lump be gone after fat in lip!

+2

Easy!   All you need is a little mild Kenalog injected into your lump.  Works every time.  I am sure many local plastic surgeons will be happy to help you.  You are a future patient for all.  Generally many of us would take care of a simple thing like this complimentary.  My Best    Dr G commons.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

+1

See another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and perhaps a surgical alternative is an option.  First an assessment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, though. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lump in Lip after fat transfer

+1

Dear 7 cats,

The two easiest solutions that i can think of are; 1) Steroid injections in the lip such as Kenalog, this will take away the lump and any residual swelling or lumps that you are unhappy with. 2) In my experience I've actually gone in with a syringe and canula and manually remove the fat, just like you had done with liposuction for your initial fat transfer.

Because the Kenalog injections are less invasive you may consider doing this first and then thinking about manually extracting the fat.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of lumps after fat grafting to lips

+1

Since the lump in you lip has been present for over a year, it will not likely improve any further over time.  In fact, if you gain wait it may actually grow.  There is a relatively easy solution, however.  Liposuction with a small cannula can often remove enough to fix the contour abnormality.  If there is too much scar tissue, making the liposuction less effective, you may need to have the area surgically excised.  Either way, there is a solution.

+1

At this particular time it is likely that this issue is permanent.  Depending on how severe it can be removed and improved from what you are experiencing currently and it may be able to be accomplished in the office setting.  Feel free to contact a board certified surgeon and entertain this idea.  At the least, you will receive a professional opinion and be able to make an informed decision of how you would like to proceed.

Web reference: http://www.valleyfacialplasticsurgery.com

Scottsdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

+1

After one year it is permanent. See a BOARD CERTTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON.

Your only option is surgical removal, or accept it.

Treatment of lip deformity caused by fat injection

+1

There are a few approaches to address an abnormal contour related to fat. Attempts can be made to extract the excess fat causing the deformity. A non-surgical approach involves the injection of a very small amount of steroid in hopes of dissolving the offending fat.

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com

+1

There are many boarded PSs in AZ so call and obtain a consult. You either need excisional surgery or injection of a steroid.