Lump at Underarm After Breast Augmentation

I'm 1 week post breast re-augmentation. My Dr. did it transaxillary again. I went from 275cc to 450 cc. I have a marble size mass under my arm where I would guess he tunneled through? Is it scar tissue, swollen lymph node, or do I have reason to be concerned? It is tender, but no bruising or other symptoms. Thanks!

Call for an appointment to rule out anything serious.

+1

You should always check with your PS when you see lumps or discolorations.  An examination is necessary to make sure it isn't anything serious or a hematoma. 

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Transaxillary lump after breast augmentation

+1

A transaxillary lump after a breast augmentation may be a swollen lymph node, may be a hematoma or seroma or even the soft tissue that is sutured together. Check this out with your surgeon.

You could have a small hematoma after breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

This little lump does not sound worrisome.  You most likely have a small hematoma (collection of blood) after breast implants and this should go away in a few weeks.

See your Plastic Surgeon

+1

Without an examination it is difficult to know. Your symptoms sound most consistent with a small collection of blood (hematoma). It usually goes away on it's own. If it is red and hot, an infection is a possibilty, but less likely. Ask your physician.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon for opinion on the lump

+1

I have to agree with Dr. Yuan. It is impossible for anyone to tell definitively without examining you. I would call my surgeon and ask him his opinion. I'm sure he would be glad to discuss this with you.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunately no one can tell except your surgeon.

+1

Your surgeon knows what transpired at surgery. Unless someone can exam you, any answer will only be speculation. Ask your surgeon to explain what he thinks it is.