Lump of Swelling Between Eyebrows Normal 3 Weeks After Revision Rhinoplasty?

HI, I am still very swollen since my revision, but theres been a very persistent lump of swelling between my eyebrows and the top of my nose bridge. Will this eventually go away or can it form into scar tissue? I travelled to se my doctor so I can't just go into his office, I called and sent him pics and he said I should massage it. That was a week ago though, I just want to know if i have anything to worry about or if lumps of persistent swelling is normal. Thanks, Jenna

Swelling between eyebrows after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. Generally speaking, revision surgery on the nose tend to be more complex and there is more swelling than in primary rhinoplasty. So one could anticipate swelling longer than three weeks and in the brow and check areas. Having said that, you still have to talk to your plastic surgeon. He will give you the best advice.

Swelling between eyebrows 3 weeks after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Since there was no surgery performed in your brow area, there is not a chance that scar tissue can develop where you are experiencing the swelling.  Every patient heals differently, and I would not worry about any persistent swelling in that area.  In general, the side effects in the first few weeks following a rhinoplasty may include but are not limited to:

1) Moderate pain associated with the surgery
2) Swelling in the nose and around the eyes
3) Congestion
4) Bruising under the eyes

The swelling you are experiencing will eventually dissipate, and I would recommend following your surgeon's recommendations at this time.  Thanks and I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Typically the swelling takes about 6 weeks to go away and may take a year to see the final result. That being said it could be a build up of callus or premature bone or perhaps scar tissue. I would massage like your surgeon told you to do and ask them about taping the area which is what I often recommend to my patients. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump Between Eyebrows 3 Weeks after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't think you have anything to worry about because nothing is done between the brows in rhinoplasty surgery; but keep in contact with your surgeon and follow his instructions. .