Lump on Stitches One Week After Rhinoplasty?

Hello, I had my rhinoplasty about 10 days ago and the stitches where removed about 3 days ago. Anyway, I was lookibg at thw place between the nostrils where the stitches were, and there is a small lump and I can see a vein-like structure on it. I'm really worried it's gonna be permanent. Please note that I was at my surgeon's office today, and he examined and pressed on this part, is it because of this? Thank you in advance

Rhinoplasty scar at ten days

+2

First, at ten days the rhinoplaty scar wil be red and there may be some marks from the sutures. This usually gets better with time. Good luck.

Question About Rhinoplasty Scar

+2

Without photos it is difficult to make a prediction. I would suggest you call your surgeon and simply ask him/her what this might be. It could certainly be nothing to worry about, but you would be better off knowing from your surgeon that things are healing well. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wait to see the result

+2

It is still very early. It is best to see the final result before deciding if there is a problem.  So soon after the procedure you must wait to let the swelling subside.  After a few more weeks you can assess the nose more accurately.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lump on Stitches One Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

Suture reaction after one week may cause a lump.  In addition, localized swelling may be playing a role so early.