Lump Under Skin by Bellybutton?

I had prolipo w/ the sciton laser combined w/water lipo to my abdomen & flanks 6 days ago. 1 liter of fat was removed. I have very minimal swelling & bruising. However the moment i woke from surgery i noticed the lump you see below my belly button and it is still present today day 6. It is squishy but not watery semi firm and tender. I used an expert board certified liposuction dr who specializes in teaching sciton lipo as well. Is this lump something that will go away? Should i be concerned?

Lump Under Skin by Belly Button after Liposuction

The lump could represent fluid, which should be drained.  However, without an exam, this is very difficult to determine.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lump Under Skin by Bellybutton

Thank you for your question. I would bring it up during your follow up appointment with your doctor.  Your body is still in a healing process.  Make sure you wear your compression garment as directed. Everyone heals differently; 80% in 2-3 weeks, 10% super healers, 10% slow healers. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in lipo for the best results and advice. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and lump

Without an exam, it is difficult for me to comment about a lump after liposuction.  It is best to review this with your surgeon.